Any other Pick-n-pull junkyards around here?

Besides M&M, are there any junkyards like that within a few hours of here? I’m looking for the type with cheap prices off a price list, pull your own parts, etc.

honestly, i’m not sure- i’ve always hit m&m… theres RT 20 auto parts in angola- they are not a u pull it junk yard but they’ve hooked me up a few times on parts and their prices are more then fair from my experiance

J&J on baily by william…

dude’s a total deusche though, big rip off too…your best bet is to go when the owner/boss isn’t there…the other guys that work there are relatively clueless…a buddy walked in there with an empty bag, filled it up with 2nd gen MR2 parts woth a pretty penny, on the way out, asked the guy if $40 was cool…the guy said sure, my friend made out like a bandit…

i have to learn the schedule there, because last i saw there were 2 z’s there…and recently i remember hearing of a 3rd…

there is a whole strip on william st

Pick N Pull here in auburn ny. Everyone there is pretty cool about giving away little shit for free and their prices are really good.

Thats what I’m looking for. I’ve been to the other yards around here, but I like set prices so I can get good deals. M&M is great but I want to check out someplace else. Looking at google maps, looks like they are pretty big. Thanks.

If one of that has tan interior we are soooo going!

Rochester has a couple decent ones

Bergen Auto Recyclers - Probably the best. unorganized yard, decent prices, inventory turnover is decent. easy to get to. 90-490 to exit two. 1 mile west of left.

Performance Parts 104 - Good yard in brockport just off 104 (2064 drake rd. 1/2 mile north of 104 just west of Rt 19). Decent prices. Usually get a couple newer cars in. they sell parts online so some stuff is marked for sale so you need to be careful what you pull. owner is eh, but he doesn’t work on saturdays. Guy that works saturday is cool. www.performanceparts104.com

Zerniak Auto Parts - All old stuff, watch you like a hawk. dicks. prices aren’t too bad if you find what you need, but you can’t wander yard. Don’t recommend it, but it’s there. not many imports.

J&J - North side of the city of rochester. Never been, but heard it’s decent.

Victor auto parts - about 3 miles southeast on 96 from the 90 exit. never been but drove past. Muddy, spread out and didn’t seem to have a lot of inventory. only open til noon on saturday.

there is supposed to be a small one in Williamson, but need to find out more on that.

Horseheads pickand pull - Good yard, good turnover. Did find a 300zx TT there (stripped of course) not huge on imports, but a decent selection. prices are very fair. www.horseheadspickandpull.com I think

Gary’s U-pull-it - Binghamton NY. Best one I have found. Cars turn over about ever 8-12 weeks. Prices are best I have found. www.garysupullit.com

The auburn one is good from what I hear.

There is also one in Hazelton, PA that is huge (134 acres) and the prices are awesome, but that may be far for you www.wegotused.com

and there are a couple good ones in the springfield, MA and worchester, MA area, but again, those are probably far for you.

I enjoy the junkyard incase you can’t tell.

http://standardautowreckers.net/ - I am going here saturday.

dumbletons out in pavillion

Holy fuckin huge it seriously takes up like 2 miles

http://www.dumbleton.com/

Thanks for the tips you guys:D I’ll have to hit some of those up. I prefer the pick-n-pull yards, because I hate finding something cool and the yard wants way too much for it. At the pick-n-pulls, a steering wheel for a Hyundai is the same price as one for a vintage Mustang, for example. And I know the price ahead of time. But I still love wandering any other yard that will let me in, just to snap pictures and look for rare stuff for my cars. I wish Binghampton wasn’t so far, that one looks awesome. I think I may hit up that one in Auburn sometime soon.

what are you looking for, bergen auto is owned by my family.

u wouldnt have any 94-00 acura integra driver side fenders there would ya?

we got nothing used, but i can get a aftermarket one for 80.00

i think that a mod should put up a stickie and list all of the junkyards within a 3-4 hour radius of buffalo, I know my friends and I would totally drive that (3-4 hrs) and further to get to a good junkyard with alot of parts.

I def. know that M&M + J&J’s are all pretty beat as far as finding a good deal on import parts… esp when you get peticular, it’s not often but sometimes a GSX or TSi will roll through but it gets picked over pretty quickly, and if it’s @ J&J’s you get raped on price. That old man, is a very salty cunt. avoid him all together.

Bottom Line is the avg WNY’er doesn’t know of any junkyards other than the Ransom road junkyards, M&M + J&J’s so post up any yard you know of that is in the North Western Part of NY.

Good idea on the sticky. Skyway on Tifft street in Buffalo is a cool yard. Theres not a lot of newer stuff, but they have a huge amount of old imports rotting away, everything from Civics and Rabbits to Yugos and Fiats. It’s fun just to walk around, theres some wierd stuff there. Also even more old American cars from the 60’s on up. Their prices are fair, and they always let people wander the yard. I got lucky on a set of Jetta GLI trophy Recaro seats there once- $75 for them. It’s best to go before summer hits because the place gets very overgrown in the back.