local junkyards?

anyone know of some? i havent really gone to any ive just gotten parts ive needed either new or online…just wanna look around for stupid shit i need and a couple body panels…

pull-a-parts would be nice too… :slight_smile:

Post Brothers in Coxsackie. It’s a you-pull-it yard.

i thought this thread was to say that you were starting one.

For parts for your cars since theyre older try Sunshine in Rotterdam Junction, Williams in Schenectady or Hollenbeck’s in Sloansville. Maybe Glenville auto too but they dont have a phone and the owner is only there when he feels like being there. Real backwoods deal there but they dont crush anything.

Those are all yards they pull the parts at. Most have a parts locating service that can get you what you need. Your cars might be too old though. They deal with later model parts.
www.jbap.com
www.edloyas.com
www.kneersauto.com
www.cahillsgarage.com

lol

Kneers Auto isn’t that great.

They over charge. They wanted $1000 for an Infinity I30 interior. I can get an entire one at many other junkyards for less than $750 (I paid $450 for my tan heated leather interior).

Also, their customer service/customer relations blows. I’ve been there three times and haven’t had good experiences any of those times. The guys seem like they hate their lives. Only one guy (skinny guy, kinda tall, I think he’s the owner?) was nice. The big dude that looks like he’s a biker wasn’t very nice.

Regardless, for what I was looking for, their prices were highway robbery.

I got some Ranger axles for my car at Kneer’s when I did the 5 lug swap and they were the cheapest around. I had to go to their other yard for the parts. Its on some back road and they keep the older cars there.

couple of the places you posted pjb didnt have what i was looking for…going to try the rest…

Williams is ok if you know the guy or are with someone who does… otherwise… don’t go there. lol

lol your probably right, i always get raped on parts from there, fuckin cockbags

www.car-part.com

LKQ in Kinderhook is good too.

LKQ has good prices. I see a lot of their Maxima stuff on EBay. I have gotten a few things from them.

They have places all over the country…so if you find an item on EBay from them in OH, they’ll ship it to their location in Stuyvesant or something for you to pick up (if it’s big).

They can be assholes there. I always used to be able to go back there for parts but the last time they wouldnt let me. No idea why. I never stole anything from there.