Any prep work before installing coilovers?

Im installing my Megan coilovers this week and I wanna know if I need to put antiseize on the the threads, adjust anything before putting them on or any over prep work.
Thanks.

Putting antieize on the head threads is certainly not going to hurt anything. Nor will spraying the threads of the coil itself with wd40 or similar. It’s jsut a question of how far you wanna go man, you can put them in without doing anything or you can go the extra mile. Do what you feel is necessary to build the car in the manner you feel comfortable with.

check out splparts.com they have some good info you can read before adjusting or installing.

Thanks guys, ya it’s pretty straight forward bolting in and out coilovers I just hope my original bolts aren’t seized to bad to the stock suspension.

I’ll take some before and after shots and do a little write up after since I gotta do it for a school auto project anyways.

dont use wd40, small pebbles and dirt stick to it.

depending on your wheels and how low you want to go, roll fenders and cut and bend seam line and re-locate wire harness

dry graphite is best, but wd40 will work. it keeps the threads from oxidizing (rust). just whipe it off before you adjust height and the “dirt and pebbles” won’t be an issue.

how about jig-a-loo?

hopefully the bolts aren’t as bad as mine. walterdixon and I did the suspension on my car today and it took us like 4 hours to get 2 bolts from the front left strut… we almost gave up. Basically we worked from noon till 10:30PM to get everything done. In reality is just a 4-5 hour job.

I gotta say though, it was well worth it.

Today i put antiseize on the threads and counted them to make sure everything was exact. I think i’ll be putting them on on wednesday and I don’t want to go to low right now.

Do you guys recommend getting new bolts or will the old ones work fine?

If you want your car to handle properly, set by ride height vs. stock (lower 1.5" or whatever). Measure from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the fender (asuming your fenders are straight) and set accordingly.

Put my coilovers on today!! Everything went as planed and was pretty straight forward except I lost the lower nut for the front strut, D’oh!
I had to leave my car at the shop and I just got a new nut from Nissan.
Thanks to Jon (NeVer) for helping me in the morning.
Car looks so much better lowered it’s at about 3 fingers now and i’ll adjust them to 2. I’ll have some pics coming up soon.