Any "quick fixes" for a slipping supercharger belt?

I’m getting a new, smaller belt soon, just looking for something real quick to do before/at the track tomorrow. Hairspray worked for a bit, it should be at 15psi and hairspray gets it up to 12psi or so, with nothing on the belt it’s 10-11psi.

butter

belt dressing !!

gypsy tears

GM Syncromesh.

i thought that was for stuff more along the lines of squeaking, not slipping.

find me some and i’ll use them.

:rofl :rofl

i’ll probably just stick with hairspray

Glue!!!

yeah, tdilogik was just telling me to use headliner/fabric glue, i’ll pick some up tomorrow before the track

if it can hold 12lbs or more the whole night, i’ll be reasonably happy. i just need to figure out exactly what length belt to order then i’ll be back on 15psi + a chip :excited

(i love how i’m getting pumped to have a mid 14 second car :facepalm :lmao)

Lucas oil stabilizer works wonders. That should last all night…

BELT DRESSING !! it is for slipping and worn belts.

yuo dont think you could find a belt during the day tom and put it on…

go to foriengn auto part in schenectady and get a bando brand belt and be done with it …374-1114 is there number.belt dressing will work but it does dry the belt out

the glue should hook LOL!!!

i’d say try belt dressing first then hair spray then fabric glue

why dont we all make suggestions then have adam henn come inb and tell us how its done

great plan :rofl

the belt is an ENORMOUS PITA to get to, you either have to have the hands of a 4 year old boy to get in there or yank the motor

not my pic, but same bay

all the belts are under the black cover on the right

nice plug wires…

you wanted it ,i dont feel bad for ya esp when ya got sanford and son workin on it

haha

clearly says “not my pic” :facepalm :lol

my bay:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/kramerbuccs24/1988%20MR2%20Supercharged/downsized_0503091659a.jpg

wat? :lol