any speeders here from southern Ky/ north TN?

Looks like a move may be coming pretty soon and was seeing how others like it. Taking a trip in a few wks to check the area out.
D
PS keep an eye out for possible major real estate listing lol.

North East or North West?

Middle i think. Bowling green area. Building “the dream!” Or so they say at the plant.

Its a very pretty part of the country but it is dramatically different than everything you have come to know, love and hate about NY. I lasted 5 months in the South before I said screw this for a multitude of reasons. But like most places, they are what you make of it and if your family is there and you are making a fresh start, then it could be the best decision you ever made. If only you had a DeLorean and could time travel to find out…

How is it different? This is what info im looking for. Looks like the summer is a tad hotter and a bit more humid. Not thrilled about the tornados but looks like theyre not too bad in that area. Only like 20 deaths in 50 yrs or something like taht.
Whether i build or buy if i can find what i want, it will not be in a low area at all and will be built to last with a v nice generator. If u drive a vette to work u get to park up front in the circle too lol

Hahaha…Well I lived about an hour North of Atlanta/hour South of TN.

I am a fairly avid foodie and it was very difficult to find very good restaurants, diners, pizzerias, etc that were not chains. The grocery stores also pale in comparison to Wegmans and make Tops look like Wegmans. Publix, Kroger, Food Lion are all meh.

The humidity is INSANE (atleast the summer I was there) They were experiencing a draught and you could only water/wash cars on certain days.

The housing market was crashing. I lived in a new build that was 237k. The same house a year before that was 289K and after I left they were in the very low 200k for the same exact house.

Atleast in the Atlanta area, noone was really from there, everyone else had migrated from somewhere else so there was a great blend of people and culture, but also a lack of community feeling since everyone liked this sports team or that college team etc. Its strange to explain but I def. felt it. Noone seemed to be “in it together”

In Atlanta, obviously very different than maybe TN or KY, but the traffic was exceptionally bad. Get up at 4am to leave at 5am to make a meeting at 9am that would normally take 60-90 min.

The schools are very different than what you may be used to. Certainly do research on that.

For me, it was an ok experience but I have loved being back in NY despite all the usual NY drama. Personally I work for a great company for 15 years so I wasnt moving for work as most may which certainly would play a factor in the decision making.

Its a worthwhile thing to do if you are single like I am, but to uproot a family, you have to be really invested in the move or be doing it for employment reasons.

I just spent 2 weeks in Knoxville it was great. I really thought about moving out there. but all my connections, and family is here. also im not a fan of how hott it gets here i think i would melt there in aug. I also oddly enough like snow?

Lived there for 7 years, and actually liked it, once I got reasonably integrated. Takes a while. In my experience, southern hospitality changes dramatically once they know you’re sticking around.

This is kind of a big deal…