Any Supermoto riders/users/owners here???

I know “AlpineSkier” had a Husqvarna, does anyone else here own one or have any experience riding one? Im on my annual “I’d like to get a bike someday” kick lol.

How are they on fuel, the tank doesnt seem too big, but how far on average can you go under normal riding? Are they costly to insure? I like the Husqvarnas, any other model/brand worth looking at?

I owned that Husqvarna before Chris. Insurance was dirt cheap, like 125 dollars per year with full coverage from progressive. I dont remember how big the tank was, but it would go about 60-70 miles before flipping to reserve. One thing to consider; the husky 450 and 510 and other “race” bikes are very very maintenance intensive. 500 mile oil changes, 1000 mile valve adjustments, 10k mile rebuilds. If you’re looking for one as a daily rider get a DRZ 400. They are heavier and lack A LOT of power compared to a husky 450 or 510, but require maintenance more like a car.

Im a big fan of the Husky 510s, KTM 525s, and converted honda 450Rs. They are all worth looking at.

I was, just sold mine sunday.

I had a KTM 625 SMC. Bike was siiick. Hung next to sport bikes all day long on the back roads. This bike handeled. Motor was very stout too. topped it out around 120 and that was more than enough not having any plastics to duck behind. Bike really turned heads too.

You could hit man holes, dips, jump curbs all kinds of stuff you really shouldnt on a sport bike without issue. The seat was rock hard and the big ktms shake like hell so your ass hurts after a long ride, I allways was moving around the seat when I rode hard so it wasnt a big deal. highways it sucked a little though. I got around 35mpg or so on it no matter how I rode it.

It weighed in at 312 lbs and made around 50hp or something like that.

Like he said they title it as an enduro and a single cyclinder made my insurance with colision and all less than $200 a year.

If I were to get another bike, it would be a sumo again. no doubt. Aprilla or Duke motards are a step above my KTM was top notch machines.

^^^ this is good stuff to know, thanks

I’m just gonna leave this here…

http://shift518.gom-host.com/showthread.php?t=17624&highlight=supermoto

Have fun!

Aayy yooo! Supermoto Gendy signing in. I’ve got a crf450 I converted. Awesome bike I love it! Great power for around town and back roads, but extremely maintenance intensive. If u don’t mind that and keep up w it, the bike will treat u well like mine has.

My ins. Is about $65 a year. It gets anywhere from 30-50 mpg. I just put a 3.2 gallon tank on it … Basically adding 50% fuel capacity and range :). My only advice…getchu1!

How much of a PIA is it getting a straight supercross/MX bike registered in NY? I might have missinformed people in the 50cc street legal reply. My uncle and 2 other people I know had a heck of a time getting them plated.

I lol’d, because of who this post came directly after.

500 mile oil changes and 1000 mile valve adjustments!!?? Why are they so maintenance intensive?

They’re race bikes with mirrors and blinkers to make them road legal, that’s why. :lol

If you don’t mind the maintenance, I’d go for the SMR 510 Husky. The new ones are even FI, too.

Husky makes the 610SM, which has the friendly maintenance schedule just like the dr-z, only I won’t make fun of you for riding it. :lol The drz is garbage, IMO. But maybe I was just used to my 510 when I rode one.

http://www.a1motorcycles.com.au/husqvarna/sm_450rr.jpg

and then I JIZZED IN MY PANTS

Yeah the DR-z is deff way under powered…I would go with a KTM or a Husky.

Good to know, I’ll have to check into that.
I agree the DRZ, even based on looks, doesnt do much for me.

You’re in Vermont right?

Vermont’s DMV is quite lenient with registrations of vehicles, so it should be quite easy for you.

Yea, VT. My friend owns 4 bikes, he doesnt have a motorcycle license.
[/PJB]

NY sounds like a cluster bomb for vehicles and the DMV.

I still have to give it more thought what I want to do when I get more cash saved up. That 610 is probably overkill on power for what I would use it for, but the easier service schedule is nice.

Who sells Husky around the area? Isnt there a dealer past Amsterdam?

Yes, they are in Herkimer. Fox Powersports. Thats where mine came from.

Mine also came from Fox Powersports.

thats because we had the same one. lol.

[thejoke]---------[indy440]--------------