Any welders here? need rust delete

So i just uncovered some rust spots when i took off my front wheel liners…
this is probably the worst rust spot on my car and i really want to get rid of it properly
I also would like some work done on my passenger strut tower, or both?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18060[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18059[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18058[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18057[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18056[/ATTACH]
If anyone here can help me out, that’ll be great. Or if anyone knows someone.
text me at 4168357012 :slight_smile:

Thanks, dom.

no offence, but it looks like your car is done… doubt anyone would even attempt that

Wow. You had to take the fender liner off to notice that? Look at your strut tower homie. Get a new car.

Yeah i dont know. I looked at the back of the tower a few months before but it didnt look THAT bad. It looks like the guy tried to put some rubber/silicone to cover some up. Such a piss off. Im not too fond of buying a new car because the rest of the car is not too bad. If i could get this job done for around 800 then ill be fine but if its over 1000 then ill just buy a new shell and swap shit over. Anyways, thanks for the feedback. Im not too sure how much it’ll cost but im starting to lean towards getting a new shell. Still, if anyone knows anyone… knows anyone, it will help a lot. Thanks.

if your hell bent on keeping the car this is what you need find a son member that is parting out their car then have them cut that whole section out of their car for you. or Wreckers. clean that section up remove all paint and rust. send that into a shop to fix its much easier to start with a section of car then fabing compound bends in sheet metal.

I know from experience with my own car that that will be a bitch cos i had to do a smaller fix in the same spot.

^^ +1. The affected area has some pretty complex bends and stuff and would be a pain in the ass to fab up properly. It’d take time and therefore money which could be saved by using parts of a donor shell. But for what its worth, the donor shell might be a better bet and it might be better to just swap everything onto that.

^ yeah i agree with you mav, i think ill just buy a new car since its easier to. i just didnt know how bad the spot really was when i saw it. I kinda thought it could be fixed if i had the money. I dont think its worth going the distance to fix it right now. Thanks for the feedback!

ur best bet is to find someone or an imported who has a half cut that has no engine and buy the complete pieces u need, there jdm rust free and good as new, i did for a s13 i had, i wasnt willing to part with da car so i got da jdm piece and got a shop to do it, it was good as new.

Put it this way The more you play around with SHIT the more it stinks sorry bro that looks bad

wow, you drive that?

^yeah im just not gonna put any more money into it and save up for another to buy in the summer. Its pretty bad eh? lol and yes tacoboy i do drive that. if you really really wanted to know.

I know people (one on this site) who drive worse. So bad that I’ve been tempted to call the MTO to have their car scrapped… It’s THAT bad.

^ i wouldnt doubt that lol. Hopefully it holds up for a little while longer until i have more money to put into a car.

you mean rusted through strut towers that are so bad its starting to affect wheel alignment? Or a floor that serves more as an escape hatch should the car roll over? Or tires so close to the fender they rub on the stretched sidewall and and cut grooves into it?

Psh, still better than driving vtec lol.

http://www.victormooreracing.com/wp-content/gallery/tube_chassis_front_end/chassismods_2.jpg
just be ballin

looks like the racecar at work… tubular framework is heavy as shit though

Not mine. Just pulled it off of google aha. I do plan on doing a tube front end in the near future tho. I like the free space it provides and no rubbing in the wheel wells

Ummmmm what?
… No it’s really not…

Here’s one I built…

Took so much weight out of the front. Even a V8 isn’t even enough weight to balance it back out again.

^^ what?

We have an old chevelle stock car at my work and its heavy as shit! its all tubular frame and has no panels on right now, no motor and tank empty. Its heavy as shit and hard to move. But looking at your picture i think we used heavier gauge pipe.

That’s 1.5’’ .120 wall and 1’’ .090 wall. (On the S13)

Unless your Chevelle is made of solid bar it really shouldn’t be heavy…

If you used PIPE for the Chevelle… I really have nothing to say to that other than WTF?