Anybody ever have a Supercharged Riviera?

Finally found a buyer for the Focus. He wants to know if i’ll take his 95 Supercharged Riviera as a partial trade. From what i’m seeing online people are saying that they are pretty unreliable. Figured i’d get the Pittspeed view on it. Is it even worth taking it? Or are they just pieces of shit? Thanks guys.

If he wants to trade it plus cash for a Focus it must be a complete flaming pile of shit.

-TJ

A GTP, except with electrical problems. Pass.

pass

Thats what i’m thinking. If I get something unreliable it’s gonna be something that is way more fun than a fucking Riviera. Thanks guys.

DSM

i’d pass on it

I decided to pass on it. It was a complete hunk of shit. He still wanted my car though so I sold it outright. Let the car shopping begin.

Have a bridge to sell, so when you get that new car, have your own speedway…

I thought GTP’s had electrical problems too? Hence the engine fires?

Oil leaks out of the front valve cover and because of junk gaskets (factory recall 97-02 all supercharged GMs) heats up on the manifold and BAM…ONE HOT CAR!!

Is that a Gen1 car or a Gen 2? If a Gen 2 like the 97-03 GTP’s then it could have potential.

prob series 1

if it should be series ii, it would make a great donor for my x-11. Not yet ready for that stage in my rebuild… parts are parts…