Anybody work for Geek Squad?

Or know anybody that does? my computer is fucked and i suck with computers. Would rather pay someone to fix it

some may agree some may not but geek squad are just sales men. go to a actual computer shop.

i know if i worked for geek squad, i probably wouldnt announce it over the internet…thats just me though.

What’s the matter with the computer? I have been doing geek squad crap for years and then some…

I’ll charge you but NOWHERE NEAR what they do!

What’s up? :slight_smile:

Same I’ll look at it also.

LOL@ paying geek squad. Hook Jeff up witgh some work.

Douchebag… pm me I’ll fix your computer.

the fire dog people at circuit city were pretty smart, def not worth their price tho

Lol their A/V guys crack me up. They were trying to sell me a $129.99 monster HDMI cable when I bought my TV saying how that I need one and will not be able to watch TV witout itwhen on the box of my TV in big letters was “FREE HDMI CABLE INCLUDED IN BOX”. When the guy told me it wasn’t a 120hz HDMI cable tho I almost punched him in the face.

^Idiots like that make the whole industry look bad lol.

There are a few geek squad workers on this site who I know do great work. I’m sure they will PM you if they are looking for some extra cash.

you guys are fucking nuts. i will never work on peoples computers except for my own family, that is a can of worms i never want to open again lol.

with that said, geek squad will cost you a ton of cash and likely will either just factory image your computer or run ad-aware. just use your own system restore discs if it is completely fucked, if that still doesn’t work www.dell.com and order another one :slight_smile:

Good point. I’ve never had an issue but things can certainly get hairy. Especially when you help the wrong person.

Amen to that. Usually if someone gets a virus, I will offer to backup their data and reformat it and copy it back for a price but I refuse to hunt through and try to remove a specific virus or adware program that a simple anti-virus can not find itself.

x2

I always do my best to help people. They pay pretty good if you get them results :slight_smile: It’s not difficult work and living alone with time to spare = win:win situation for everyone.

I have been doing this kinda stuff for years professionally, so I’m not just an at-home-self-proclaimed-IT-guru… but, actually know what I’m doing and the correct way to keep people happy! Most of the time it is something simple and if not, I work with the people to get the computer operational again.

Sometimes it’s an easy spyware problem; other times it requires a backup/reformat/reinstall. Sometimes I look at the computer and instantly recommend they purchase a new one! :slight_smile:

complete with happy ending. :spank:

:retard: