Cyberjocks - What do you know?

I’m just wondering if any of you guys know anything about the place. I’ve been going there since they opened, years ago, and I’ve been trying to go M-F for almost 3 years now.

What did you like?
What didn’t you like?

Are you a frequent customer?
Why?
Why not?

went there once. realized i have all those games on my computer and my computer is better than the ones they have there so i didnt go again.

you can setup the same situation anywhere since most people own the games they play there. if you play against each other, you dont even need to have internet access where ever you play.

I stopped in one day and it looked like a good time. However, I just checked it out and didn’t actually play.

I used to pwn noobs all the time there.

i used to go there with zeroassault and play counter strike, good times.

I’ve been to a few of the all night lans back in the days of CS, I’m sure not much has changed…

If you’re particularly good at a game, use their computer or expect a circle of kids around you trying to see your “cheats”.

i believe they are getting ready to close up shop. two of their old programmers work with me now.

The website says:

"CyberJocks is currently negotiating a transfer to new ownership of the business. While this is a complicated process that is taxing our time, we intend to be open for business as much as possible, although intermittently, until the process is complete. The new ownership intends to honor your current credits, if you have any on your account, so you have every opportunity to use them now and into the future.

We would like to apologise for any confusion you may have had due to rumors circulated by some ill-informed people. As plans are hammered out, we will keep you informed here. This should bring some exciting new changes to CyberJocks and our events! We are all looking forward to the new things that are coming! Check back here for official announcements and news."

Which is why I’m asking about what you guys think about it.

How many of you guys actually LAN with your friends?
I also have the games on my rig, but it was more fun to sit next to my buddies and pwn them in person.

Did any of you try to play any of the console games they offered there?

i used to go to that place, pretty cool inside. The guys there were nice. Counterstrike ftw

Are you buying it?

I would LAN with jack just in hopes of getting a ride in his truck

I used to go there whenever they had tournaments. Places like that aren’t really about going because you already own the game, sometimes it’s just fun to play games in person with friends or other people you don’t know.

I know a place where we can have a lan with a good 20 people or so if anyone would be interested

Nice, I used to go there when it first opened, for maybe the first 2 years and then I got sick of it… Have not really played since but would always be down for a nice game of CS

id do CSS, but fuck 1.6

I haven’t been there since me you and JT went there like 3-4 years ago.

i just went past cyber jocks on the bulivard and it looked like they were closed?

Does a guy named Scott still own it??

I used to work for him at the original Cyber Jocks/Parkside Computing/MegaBytes Cafe on Parkside by the zoo. I basically worked there just so I could play the games for free. It was fun. Diablo, Red Alert C&C, and Quake were the games to play back in those days.

Meh, used to go when it first opened, haven’t been back since.