anyone able to fix a laptop?

well in a drunken stupor a few nights ago i accidentally stepped on my laptop. the screen works (kinda) it’ll display the dell logo on boot up sketchy and flickery like, then everything else it just flickers. something loose with the cable for the screen im thinking?

anyone want to give me a hand?

jam

IM me… I have some questions

i remember a drunken stupor in which someone put their shoulder thru the windshield of a pristine honda accord sedan

i have absolutely no suggestions on how to get said laptop to work tho…

Could be alot of things Jam. You would really need to open it up and see if anything obvious is damaged or whatnot

ILC should be able to help you out though.

The screen its self is probably pretty shattered.

Oh ya i forgot. What model is it? Might be able to get a screen for you.

If it is the screen (which if you stepped on it chances are it is) isn’t not that big a job to replace. I got my replacement WSXGA (1680x1050 resolution) 15.4" for my Dell brand new on ebay for $230. Same exact manufacture that Dell uses but about 1/2 the cost of the screen from Dell. Took about 30 minutes to tear apart, replace and put back together.

It really is an easy ass job to do.

If the sole problem is the screen, they can usually be had for a reasonable amount, and its a very simple job.

thwe screen isnt cracked at all

It might not look like the screen is cracked, but the LCD or whatever the hell is inside might be cracked. That’s what happened to my laptop. I took the cheap alternative, and have it hooked up to a monitor. Ha.

^^^^Wats she said.