So it's always good to wake up after a super drunk night and see this.

Apparently I redecorated my laptop screen by knocking it off the bed last night. Now i get to spend my Friday talking to people from India, sweet.

http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/1281/11032006ir3.jpg

Al Cappwn3d

could’ve been the weight of all the desktop icons

:rofl:

ur fucked lol, need a new screen.

Take the screen off and check the connectors … one maybe loose… if you really fucked up the screen you would see like ink

Thats what u get for having a man crush on Mr. Rivers :fag:

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m gonna see if i can get the indians to send me a new screen, theyre generally pretty good about that. however, i have to play dumb and sit through running 42 diagnostic tests with them because they don’t have one for “threw it on the floor”

pwnt!

Indeed, is that a Dell laptop?

lol sure as hell looks like one… (not being a dick)

oh and they are soo easy to pull apart BTW… just check the connectors… one may be lose…

dell it is. checking connectors now

idk if you have pulled it apart yet… but pry off the plastic strip above the key board… this will give you access to 4 screws that hold the key board on… un plug the screen

there will be like 6 or 8 screws holding the monitor to the case with a nice mounting bracket. BE FUCKING CAREFUL you’ll snap the case if you don’t support the screen.

then you can take the screen apart and check for general wear and tear… there is the one connector going to the mobo (mostlikely the problem, it can come loose, )then where it plugs into the mobo there is probably a little card… that is the video card… make sure that is pushed down and seated good

if you check those both and they are fine, something is fucked beyond repair

Checking the connectors. :bloated:

The LCD is shattered what good is that going to do.

If you want a fast turn around to avoid all the BS you can just take it to UB Micro you’ll probably get it back in 3-5 days. Would avoid the hassle of shipping and waiting a few weeks versus one.

Assuming this is under warranty that is.

how is it shattered?!?!

there are no cracks or anything at least i can see from the picture… the vid card could be unseated… he seems intelligent enough to check those thigns… why not do something your self before paying for it

i’ve done this with my old 5150 and the problme was the video card not being seated back in the mother board

checked the cable and connections, the screen itself is fucked. it still has the lines when its off.
Good news: I have the at home service, so theyre sending a tech to my house on monday to put in a new screen, and I got a new keyboard and AC adapter out of it for the hell of it cause my keyboard is sticky and i broke the end of my ac adapter. i heart dell warranty support

OOOO nice

i didn’t know the lines where there when it is off

me either, i saw them when i was taking it apart for the first time

Dell service is quite nice. It’s next to impossible to void a warranty with them. :tup:

my $200 extended warranty so far has been worth it.
I’ve replaced:
2 motherboards
2 hard drives
2 ac adapters
LCD screen
keyboard
battery
touchpad/palmrest
LCD screen bezel

I’d say it was a good investment, considering everything but the hard drives, battery and one of the motherboards were my fault