Anyone ACTUALLY GOOD with body work?

I have a 2" cancer spot (rust) on my quarter panel I need to take care of before it gets out of hand, does anyone REALLY know what the fuck they are doing and can help me out? I don’t need the ‘oh my friend…’ crap, just, if you know someone who will help me out for little or no money, considering I buy all supplies, to remedy my situation simply with sanding/priming the right way, let me know.

Also I need some help re-aligning body panels, just the front end.

por-15 it and get a german rainbow vinyl to cover it :nod

:shifty

thought i probably WILL put a sticker there to lighten the mood when (if) i bring it to shows.

Por-15 FTW!!!

Im not gonna run around with a huge black spot on my 1/4…do they make white primer?

You can sand and paint over por-15. Just make sure you use the por-15 self etching primer. LACVILLE can fill you in on any details.

so what are the steps? i’d be going through clear/paint as the rust hasnt come through the paint YET.

Hand sane it? block it? or one of those blue/green sanding heads on a drill?

Dont do it ghetto Fizzle just fix it the right way. Yes it will cost money.

And dont bring your car to shows. Shows are for fags.

Depending on how bad the rust is and where it is, you probably should cut it out and have a patch panel welded in.

noooo it’s not that bad, it’s surface rust for sure, no rot at all. MIGHT need a little filler, MAYBE.

I wasn’t planning on doing it ghetto, I’ll be doing it the right way, I just can’t afford to have a shop do it, and am not 100% sure what the RIGHT WAY is :confused

werd shows r gay… streets is where its at.

take it down to metal, metal ready to neutralize the rust, por-15 to seal it, then either sand the por smooth or shoot it with self etching por primer then glaze over it with a skim coat of body putty. sand, prime, bc/cc fade with air brush or spray can touchup paint…i dont think i left any steps out ::slight_smile:

what is bc/cc?

wanna make a few bucks the hard way :naughty

I’ll buy supplies and give you like $50 if you think you can handle it haha, let me know…maybe ill hit a fucking deer and collect on insurance on the way…matter of fact im gonna start periodically driving out to that road just so i can take a deer and collect. ugh.

Hey he’s busy working on my Silvia front fenders! haha j/k

haha seriously though if you ever hear the howling of a n/a I6 screaming down your road and a loud thud, you know bennyfizzle’s getting PAIDDDDD

todays 'lac day, you didnt know?

i might be able to help you out, do you want me to do the whole job(paint ect.) or just the body work.

bc/cc
base coat/clear coat
ss
single stage

I was planning on holding off on painting until I can afford a full re-spray, so probably just as far as priming it, but I’d like for the primer to be white at least so I don’t have some nasty gray spot, at least if it’s white it’s hard to see from a distance. Do they make white primer, or would you reccomend just spraying a bit of white paint/clear on that spot.

Reason why I say this is I have custom paint that several body shops have said would be incredibly difficult to get to match even remotely, almost impossible, and would cost and arm and a leg…so when the time comes that I can afford it I’d be doign a full OEM Alpine III 300 re-spray

pic of the paint:

:lol I allready heard that but mine has a turbo on it ;D

“Oh MY NECK, MY NECK”… “Painkillers please” Kthanx.