Anyone any good w/ a 92 civic dx? (stock)

Well… need to get the car back to decently running condition… problems start with…

1. Ign always seems to be on when the battery is connected… even if you unplug the ign harness to the key cyl… so its not the key cyl… hell you can take the 80 amp fuse out of the fuse box (which is the main power to everything) and its STILL on… omg wtf!!!11

2. Small oil leak that started within the last week… car hasnt been driven in a few months… had car towed from one place to another and when it got here its now leaking oil…

3. I hit a curb right at the end of last year w/ the drivers side front wheel… long story short, road was salted, entrance to mobil was not… so theres a vibration when driving now… and it pulls a bit… so I probably need to replace some ish…

I’m going to start looking at it tomarrow w/ teh ninja if anyone wants to lend a hand… theres a case of blue or molson… forgot which… and food if we get hungry… if its dumb hot out theres a inground swimming pool youre welcome to hop in…

damn, sounds like you have some fun stuff to tackle. I wish I was around i’d lend my assistance. Lemme know if you need wiring diagrams or anything.

1. Check your grounds. This was happening with my friends car.

2. Oil leak from … where? Can you be a little more specific?

3. Did you re-balance the tire/wheel? Probably not. Check your control arm. Is your spring still cracked?

anyjuan free 2day?

what motor is in it…is it v-tec? if so i know a common thing to leak a little oil in the higher mileage is the v-tec soleniod, leaves a little mark on the ground the size of a quarter?

92 dx is d15b7 non vtec

places it will leak form:

distributor seal
rear main
oil pan
front seal/around the oil pump

or it could be the tranny. they will leak at the back were the shift arm connects to the tranny.

im out there now in lancaster… if anyone has some time… could use a hand :slight_smile:

pfft… freaking alternator… yet another problem… fired up the car for the first time in 3 months… everything moves great except the alternator pully… of course the belt is running just fine over the pully… and the smoke comes off the pully just like its supposed to… err wait… using a wrench you can turn the pully… its tough but it turns… but it wont turn w/ the belt going across it…

got the alternator off… what a HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS… the pin it pivots on (for tension) wouldnt come out… so we ended up having to get the 2 bolts that old the bracket in off first, then seperate the bracket from the alternator after we got it out… the alternator is in a few pieces… but its out :stuck_out_tongue:

well… we got the old alternator off… need to pick up a new one…

my buddy replaced the spring and shock… the broken spring wore through the shock and put a hole in it… both are fine now…

havnt been able to look at the ign problem w/ out the alternator

and the oil leak is infact a transmission leak… dont know what to do about that… anyone good w/ automatic trannys?

have you ever taken the dash apart?? If you plug the spot where the oem clock is supposed to go to the hazzards( yes it plugs in), This will cause your ignition to stay on.

^^ yeah honda’s have all kinds of wierd situations where “if you plug this here everything works fine, but if you make a mistake and plug it here nothing will work right and you will never understand why”. i say this because me and 95accordvtec have been having major wiring issues with is car cause the prev. owner messed with alot of shit and now nothing works right, the car hasnt seen the road in a year becuase of it, everytime we think we figured out the problem there is still something wierd going on, now we gotta pull the motor a 4th time and go back through the whole engine wiring harness and figure out WTF is wrong. i hate honda wiring

/rant

sorry