anyone change TStat on 99+ Eclipse?

I am changing the TStat on my g/f’s 02 Eclipse with a 3.0. It looks like all I have to do is remove the intake assembly. Is there anything else I need to do?

Look for where the lower radiator hose connects to the side of the block. There will be a piece attached to the block with three bolts that the hose connects to. Just disconnect the bolts and take it off to find the thermostat inside. Also note that when you put the new one in, there is a “jiggle valve” on the thermostat which needs to be at the top.

http://img78.exs.cx/img78/8702/img000026bu.jpg
The red circle indicates where your thermostat is. Take off the upper radiator hose, and the thing that it was connected to. Your thermostat will be right there.

Sweet thats what I thought, my dumb a** took off the top one and realized there was no T-stat (it looks the same but smaller). The wierd thisng was there was no gasket there. is this normal? The thing you have circled is what I took off and it wasnt there, I then saw the correct one below it.

im not completely sure about that, when your out next stop somewhere like pepboys and take a quick look at a haynes manual

yeah i think alot of vehicles now a days have no gasket. alot of them also have rubber gromets that go on them.

you would thing they would put the tStat on top where it is easy to get to like every GM I ever changed. I know it will only take a few extra minutes but I just want to complain.

would you rather be changing a t stat in the eclipse or changing plugs in the LT1? :kekegay:

thats not cool at all. oh yeah change the wires while your at it.

ya my buddy found a 94 camaro lt1 6speed, it has a ignition problem of some sort, we’re going to change what we can on it and see if we can get it to run better if he gets it. its got 79k on the clock and the guy wants 2999
if all else fails im sending him to JJ’s for a new lt1 or ls1