Changing Thermostat

Can I get away with changing the thermostat on a 03 4cyl Tiburon and not have to bleed the coolant system?

no …

Find out for us.

X…

:lol:

if i remember correctly from when i changed mine, its an easy swap atleast on the pre-03 beta engines. just 2 screws, a new gasket, toss a liitle coolant in and burp your baby a few times. no biggie.

More than likely you will end up with an air pocket that will need to be bled out

not a bid deal though

I was gonna swap it real quick this morning…I wasn’t going to have time to bleed it…

I took the Firebird downtown instead…I will just fix it tonight.

Are there bleeder screws on the coolant lines?

If not - then just run the heat on and off with the radiator cap open and engine running. and that should take care of it…

you can push the t-stat open and put an asprin in the gap holding it open and it will help bleed the bubbles past the t-stat so it doesnt overheat as they work their way to the highest point (ususally the cap). i drill a 16th" hole in my t-stats too as there is no jiggle pin. I also added a valve at the t-stat housing with a hose to the overflow tank so I can bleed the bubbles off in a few seconds and be driving again.

Brian