Anyone deal with Pembroke town court? update 9/28

Recieved ticket for 80 in 65 on thruway in july(cop took radar reading off suv ahead of me and pulled us both over gave us same mph ticket, i was actually doing 75 or so but guy was a prick)

went to court pleaded not guilty, they scheduled a court date for trial which wouldve been this week. i recieved a letter in the mail of a reduced plea to accept or decline, which was still 2 points and failure to obey traffic device(this same mph speed would be reduced to muffler ticket no points and school in pendleton-wtf?).

i have no points nor have i ever recieved points, and it has been 2-3 years since my last speeding ticket.

they told me when i called and asked that they cancelled the court date and sent the plea because they do not do trials there and everything is done by mail. i couldnt even talk to the da or judge in person.

what the hell do i do, ive never heard or dealt with a town court that handled things in this manner?

thanks.

Take it… that’s the normal plea deal for places like that.

A lot of people in buffalo think parking tickets + school are the norm; and they maybe around here; but I’ve almost always gotten the Failure to obey and a fine whenever I pleaded anything…

And it’s a 2-point NON-MOVING violation… AKA does not/will not effect your insurance…

Almost exact same thing happened to me on the 90 in Pembroke. Similar MPH, same offer with the same points and same ghey fine. I also had no points.

I ended up accepting the offer after weighing the options. No one was helpful in Pembroke and I couldn’t get any questions answered and wasn’t going to hire a lawyer for such a small issue.

Shitty.

that’s the standard offer in most places… buffalo is the only area I’ve heard of in NY that drops things below 1110a easily.

Exactly.

thanks for the responses, but i thought failure to obey traffic device was a moving violation ?

Nope.

Failure to obey a traffic control device = Failure to obey a sign.

2 points, non-moving violation.

I’ve gotten probably 10 of these in the last 13 years…

you can still get the driver’s assessment at 6 points I believe…

also, insurance companies are free to interpret a 1110a as they please and some may adjust for this violation as they do know what 90% of them come from.

I live here and I’m no help. Town hall is not even a mile off 48a exit. Right off the exit its at the top of the hill on the left if you need to go there. I’d take what you got now.
Just be glad you weren’t speeding in corfu…

update on this.

got it reduced to a parking ticket. no points. no school. just a fine.

woot.

nice

:tup: