Anyone diabetic v. I have supplies to get rid of

My dad was a type 1 diabetic and he used to get 6 months worth of supplies at a time

I have a ton to give away

If you are diabetic or know someone who is diabetic there are various types of insulin

I have 46 unopened bottles of Humalog 100u/ml with about a dozen of them expiring in 2/09 and the rest in 10/09 (these are about $30-$40 a bottle) this is fast acting insulin, most people use slow acting…

glucometer stuff is gone

of course its illegal to resell medical stuff and unethical as well, I would like to see this stuff go to someone who can use it

my dad also had 2 insulin pumps and supplies (almost $5k each) that I would like to see someone use but I dont want to give it to someone who will use it incorrectly and kill themselves with it, it would have to be used under strict medical guidelines

I need to check into the ability to transfer the pump, I know they need regular yearly maintenence from the company and the serial # is registered to my dad so…

I assume no responsibility for the misuse of any of this stuff, with the cost of medical supplies it seems like such a waste to throw it out

my moms diabetic. i’ll mention it.

i actually may know someone who might be interested in atleast something from that list… let me check

ok guys let me know, like I said I would like to see it go to good use

yea i know this stuff isn’t cheap, and unfortunately alot of insurance plans don’t cover it for some reason

I will also split it up 2 or 3 different ways if more than one person can use it

Not to be big brother, but isn’t that sort of illegal?

most likely but seeing as though you cant abuse insulin and the fact its a life sustaining drug that alot of insurances dont cover I will take my chances

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to be a dick; I’m always just worried about people getting sued for doing the right thing.

nah I understand, I am going to give it to someone who is legit
Also of course I will remove all the rx labels with names and what not from the stuff

do you have syringes 1/2 cc 31 gauge?

… i need it for injecting … insulin.

I do have syringes but I think that aspect is too dicey
I am keeping it to the stuff that only has legal uses, nothing personal

edit unless of course someone can show me a current RX script

lol i was j/k

I work in a pharmacy and you don’t know how many people come in asking for syringes w/o a prescription. We have to keep records of all dispensed syringes.

I hear ya, most likely I will break the tips off of them and discard them in a sharps container

It really sucks that you have to be so careful trying to do the right thing.

well if someone needs anything post up by noon tomorrow otherwise I can dump it off to some peeps on craigslist or something

Craigslist? Are you nuts? Insulin is a drug. Noone is to be in posession of it without a prescription, period. You are doing a cool thing for sure, but you might want to keep it to pm’s. Even attempting to sell it is a chargeable offence.

it can def. fuck someone up if they don’t know how to use it or dose it properly.

and you might get sued if someone got seriously ill.

I’ll mention it later to the guy that bought rocky’s from me.He has one of the pumps thats kind of “built in” as he has a needle in him constantly.
Also way to try and help ppl out!!

my g/fs grandpa was recently diagnosed… :frowning: