Setting up a Benefit for my GF Father.

As some of you may know my GF’s father has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and is going through Chemo at Roswell.

As the bills are starting to come in and the family struggles through watching their father, brother, husband waste away from a strong 6’ 210# ex navy man to his current 140# weakened state it has hit us all.

As such my GF and her Brother are putting together a benefit to help their Mother and Father through these troubling times. They asked me to spread the word for both any donations from business to just people to show up for support and the raffle. As of current the benefit is planned for January 27th, I do not have a location or time as of yet.

They currently have some Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres showing up for support and to sign equipment to be raffled off. We are also looking for any other company willing to donate for the silent auction to be held. All the proceeds will be going to help with the Roswell Park bills that are piling up for the chemo treatments.

This is not a begging for support or donations, just putting a polite question out there and see if anyone is interested.

Her father’s name is Paul Rott, they’ve lived in Hamburg for about 15 years…

not to be a dick but why is he getting treatment if its terminal? Does it slow it down?

I will see if i can get something from the store to raffle off.

call teh radio stations and see if they have some goods to donate, if not pm me.

Because you never know how the cancer will respond.

pm’ed

The Cancer is receeding in parts of his body, but not in others. Basically yes, he’s buying time by shrinking and slowing down the growth. From what they say it’s a type of cancer that can not be cured, just shrunk and controlled, he’ll be on some sort of chemo treatment for the rest of his life.

I think her brother has, so we are doing that route as well.

Well, this has now been cancelled…

He passed on this past Thursday 11/16 @4:21pm at Roswell, the wake and funeral have already been done, and he’s gone to a better place without the pain of cancer and chemo. We will and do miss him.

Soory to hear man.I’m sure it is much better now tho as his pain is no longer which is always the best.

D

Thoughts and prayers. :frowning:

So sorry to hear. My prayers are with all of you…

Very sorry to hear. These types of threads always give me chills. At least he doesn’t have to live in pain any longer…cancer is horrible :frowning:

It’s a shame to hear this. They will be in my prayers tonight. :frowning: