Ride for Roswell 2011

As many of you may know, I lost my dad on March 23rd this year, after a 3+ year fight with renal cell carcinoma. (Kidney cancer) After what we went through, watching a 250lb hardass ex-Marine get beaten up by this disease, it really hits home just how shitty cancer is. I hope none of you or your families have to go through the same. However, the one saving grace we had was Roswell Park, they had an abundance of new treatments and clinical trials that not only extend the patient’s life, but improve the quality as opposed to regular chemo, which is pretty miserable.

After seeing all that they did for us and the other patients, I decided to ride 33 miles in the Ride for Roswell this year in memory of my dad. If anyone wants to consider donating, I’d really appreciate it. I’m trying to hit $1000, and every little bit helps! Those of you that know me can do cash or check in person, but the easiest way is online, at my donation page below, by just clicking the blue Donate To My Ride button on the left. Also, for those of you whose employers match funds, this is an eligible foundation (Roswell Park Alliance Foundation), don’t forget to request them and double the impact of your contribution!

Also, anyone else riding this year?

There is tons of people from Praxair riding. I guess they have one of the bigger sponsorships or something.

I’ll be riding as well, 2nd year for me.

Second year for me, I will be riding the 44mile route but I am contemplating the 62.

My gf and her dad do this ride every year. I will be there

Donated. Good Luck

Thanks man!

Only 52 riders or so…
I have been debating about riding in one of these.

Best part about this ride is seeing all the sweet sweet ass after the ride. I’m in for the 100 again this year. Joe-i’ll sponser you if you sponser me. Last year I didn’t do any fund raising so I just cut a company check at the registration table.

This will be my second ride.

might shave my legs for the occasion.

No need to go all out. There are people that ride in jeans, which I could not imagine doing, for 30 some miles.

I may show up to the after party on a real bike. Lol.

I love blowing by the spandex roadies while doing the 62 mile course on my full suspension mountain bike.

This is my 10th year in remission and 10th year riding. We have usually 15 people on our team. We do the 30 mile ride along the river. You’re welcome to join our team, the Spokemonkeys, if you’d want to.
http://giving.roswellpark.org/spokemonkeys

And yes, there are a ton of hotties riding, it’s good for you, it’s a great cause, and you get some great exercise.

I’m tempted to switch to the 30 mile along the river just for the scenery, seems like a more interesting ride than the plains in clarence. Gotta see what my team wants to do. I already had one but thanks for the offer Joe, keep up the good work! :tup:

dont tease me

I thought this ride was today… ahh haha.

The ride along the river is nice… The ride through clarence is kinda meh… I worked the event for 4 years and it is one boring haul through the backroads there.

No problem. Money goes to the same place. Tonawanda ride is better than Clarence. Smoother ride, less traffic, and flat :slight_smile: Did the Clarence ride for 6 years and Tonawanda for past 3 and this year.

I’m just doing the century to do the century… Just to say I did it. Like everyone says, it all goes to the same place and helps the same people.