Rosswell Park Cancer Institute.... Read Inside

Cliffnotes at bottom.

This is not a topic asking for anything personally, I just need to vent and let some of this off my chest and ask the local car peeps to do something good for everyone.

As we all know cancer can touch anyone and everyone, and has touched us is the past with Butch’s wife, god bless her soul. It has now come to effect my world.

My gf’s dad just recieved the news and is now at Roswell following up to see how bad his cancer is; as of right now it in his Lungs, Adrenal Gland, Kidneys, Liver, and we’re waiting on the results from his Brain; most likely it’s there too. I now see how devistating this is to a family now that I’m in the middle of this and the rock for my GF to lean on… And the treatments haven’t even started, nor do we have a clue about the final outcome of everything.

The difficult part for this is my GF, she has some serious hatered for he father for personal reasons, so now she is completely torn between her hatred for him, and the fact that he is basically dieing. This is making the situation that much more complicated, and adding even more to my shoulders. It’s amazing how much one can shoulder for a loved one when they need help; for I’m carrying a lot around for her right now.

I’m not asking for anything personal for this situation except some moral support, but I have to ask for anyone who can to do something to help with finding a cure for this horrible thing; whether it’s donating platelets, blood, money, or even time, please do it.

Cliffnotes:

My gf’s father has come down with lung, adrental, kidney, liver, and possibly brain cancer; Navy man of 32+ years

Not asking for anything personal, just that anyone who can do something to help finding a cure for this horrible thing;whether it’s donating platelets, blood, money, or even time please do it.

will do…

good thread :tup:

Im sorry to hear that

The best thing that everyone here can do is to go and donate platlets. Once his chemotherapy starts, he will need them.

Sorry to hear that you are as affected as you are buddy, although i wouldn’t expect anything less. It is a rocky road, but if you have the strenght to endure this, then you ahve the strength to endure much of anything.

Good luck, and as always anything you need, just ask

good luck to him, her, and you.
my dad is in the hosp undergoing similar now.

I’m Very sorry to hear that. I know a few of us are on or have been on the same boat and it’s tough (understatement of the decade). My grandpa died of bladder cancer in April. It spread so quickly that my mom had to sit and watch helplessly as he was literally eaten alive day by day.

Back then, I wasn’t sure whether to feel glad or guilty that I couldn’t be there. But TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE: Just Be There. Personal differences, time, taking off of school/work, and money don’t even come close to mattering in situations like this. Tell your girlfriend if she’s too caught up in anything trivial she will have a lot of regretting to do later.

Good luck.