Anyone do turbo blanket and downpipe/testpipe wrap?

I’m pulling hotside this week and wrapping it all. I’m going to log my intake temps (manifold and turbo is right next to intake on Audis) and my exhaust temps before and after and also check to see if my turbo will spool faster.
Any tips on wrapping and doing turbo blanket from anyone who has done that?

wait till you see the turbo blanket :rofl:

it seems to help quite a bit though. just take your time

and for wrapping pipes i use a spray bottle to wet the wrap before wrapping pipes

Thanks for the tips.
Wet, as in water? Does that help wrap stretch or something?

What about the can of silicone spray I got with the stuff (Summit Racing)?
I haven’t read directions yet so I don’t want to sound like an idiot. I’ve never wrapped headers on an N/A car and never had reason to wrap testpipe and downpipe on any turbo car I’ve had because I wasn’t putting down these kinds of numbers, but my temps are a little high and I want to be able to get them down some so I can bump up timing on the race gas file.

yes use water to help stretch the wrap. it will allow to wrap a lot tighter than without water.

also don’t be alarmed when you start he car up first time after the wrap. it will smoke and steam from the moisture of hte wrap itself.

WEAR GLOVES!!! I had tiny little pimple all over my fingers from the fiber glass for a week. Definately wet the heat wrap though…I soaked mine for like 20 minutes

smells like chicken…

dont use something to hold it on that will burn :stuck_out_tongue:

You mean plastic zip ties won’t work? lol j/k Duct tape FTW.
I bought tons of extra stainless lock ties so I can keep it as neat as possible, especially around the O2 sensor bungs.

yeah… as stated… make sure you wet it… it really really helps… we had a turbo bag thing for hte hotside, it was kinda like peel and stick… that shit never came off my buddys turbo… looked like asbestos after it cooked on for 30k miles… lol stainless lock ties are excellent… i think i used a coat hanger :doh: