Anyone down hill mountain bike?

HV is free. Is in Ellicottville, NY. If you ride there on a regular, they ask for a donation to up keep the trail. But if just once in a great while, just go and have fun. Make sure you have a map, or go with someone you know rides there.

Yea I worked lifts 04-05, I just didnt know what they charged. That’s cool its free, might have to head down there soon.

damn new york sounds like its got a ton of sick spots, blue mountain up here is awesome, not sure on its prices at all though, never ridin there just boarded lol

Oh… I teach snowboarding on Sundays usually. If you worked there. The beginning to the to the 12 miles starts at the base of Yodeler, goes up a service road across mardi gras toward the old Morning star chair lift. cuts to the left and continues up the service road which is a mellow run in the winter from the top of cindys to morning start. when you get to the top of cindys, you cut through the woods and start going up and down, over roots/rocks/logs, good time. you end by coming down over by tannenbaum and some swiss twist.

like this?

the guy rides slow as hell and the music sucks but it looks fun

https://youtu.be/Sdz6XHSJ4S4

Yeah… he skipped the whole climb on that video. haha

The down hill can get a little sketch with some of the stuff the way it is setup. At least this past weekend was because it poured out all day. haha so the bikes werent stopping so well. I over shot some of the turns trying to brake without going over the handlebars. lol But, I dont have any special bike at all. Probably a Walmart special. I’ll hopefully be getting a lighter weight bike soon

used to race the wed PM HV series in high school, i was up in points in expert class for a while til I left. I bought a Ridley road bike so I can actually ride outdoors here. I’m spoiled from riding in CT. Every weekend I was riding lift access and the Freeriding was out of control locally in CT and the surrounding areas.

im guessing CT would be conneticut? is there no more canadian dh riders here lol

There’s a sizable community of riders, but remember your on a car forum. Pinkbike/Dropmachine cover pretty much everything you need.

Bromont is in Quebec, about an hour east of Montreal.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a fork break there, but with a .243 your fork will always be the weak point.

This is true.

That’s what everyone has been saying, oddest spot for the fork to break, and that they’ve never seen it break there. That’s why I’m hoping maybe they will do something lol

yea that is the race loop, seems they were doing the 4 mile course…

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

always complaining about the climb lol

Hey man, its like hockey and trying to skate on dull skates. Same with the bike, you have a pos bike, its going to be shitty riding it and more work. lol