Anyone down hill mountain bike?

Hey, just recently got back into it and looking to hit some sick spots and see what all new is going on. Plus in the market for some new forks, thinking of going dual crown, anyone got some suggestions?

What setups are you using?

Ive got a .243 racing frame, had marzocchi dirt jumper 3 forks but they snapped on me on the weekend hence why I need new ones lol, switch to a sealed bmx crank and running single gear right now

I do.

Been hitting Blue and Horshoe with a trip to Bromont thrown in. Usually at Blue most Sundays.

Running a mostly stock Devinci Frantik, used to much money on my car to get bike parts.

I wouldn’t go dual crown on a hardtail IMO. Better to keep the nimbleness by getting a long travel single crown ( Domain, Totem, 36 Van )

Where is bromont? Closest place for me is dagmar, their pretty sick but they don’t have anything too big and crazy.I didn’t really think about that with switching to the dual crown, I just want something that’s gonna hold up unlike those marzocchis, snapped right where they connect at the top, was eating dirt for about 3.5 hours after lol

Edit: even if your davinci is stock, still a dope bike, I’d love to get one of them

I just did the 12 mile loop at Holiday Valley. Not all down hill, but fun as shit. I dont ride anything special at all.

fast and flowy?

shitty climb to the top of holiday valley. then after is just up and down pretty steady. flows good. then a nice down hill at the end.

aslong as its fun thats all that matters, im not good enough for anything to crazy big yet, want to work up to it though. just need to figure out a good bike setup so that i can actually go out and not worry about the bike lol

yea i ride a lot, not any lift access trails near me, so we ride at holiday valley, great trails though

rode about 16 miles this past sunday, going for 24 miles this weekend

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

its a little bit of everything man, there’s more trails than you could see in a weekend

my hardtail soma

I mostly just do XC trail riding but occasionally get out for some lift served dh. There is only one spot for lift served in WNY and its pretty small so I usually end up driving >6 hours to places like Diablo in NJ or plattekill in the catskills. Got an 06 Specialized demo with fox 40 for DH.

this is what i was riding http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/223655_10150283558234655_503109654_7542920_3020154_n.jpg
heres where they snapped http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/295659_10150281191724655_503109654_7517357_3542940_n.jpg

How was the walk back? That sucks man!

i was lucky that my buddy drove his jeep right in there so i didnt have to walk far at all lol. they thought i had broke my neck with how bad the fall was though lol, never eaten so much dirt in my life, or ever seen a set of forks snap there, im gonna try to see if marzocchi will warranty them

Oww, crazy stuff!

how long did you have the forks for?

How much is hv?

my bike:
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg30/scaled.php?server=30&filename=2011416.jpg&res=medium

the forks are a couple seasons old now and i cant find the reciept lol (hoping a buddy at a shop can help me there lol) but im really thinking they wont do much

travisn - dope looking bike, looks really clean and unabused lol

Thanks, it cleans up well. Doesnt hurt that the picture was taken 4 months ago when I first bought it. It’s been ridden hard this summer. In fact, it was a single speed for a month or so after I broke the derailleur hanger and decided to just take it all off and rearrange the cassette.

im loving the single speed right now, got a dirt bike chain on so it wont snap lol need a half link chain though, but does suck for any big up hills lol

dirt bike chain? wtf? picture? I have a mink fat chain on my 20" but even thats over kill, especially for a mountain bike.

lmao yea, you cant really see how thick it is in the pic above but its a monsterous chain that will never snap lol, it is heavy though