Anyone else running an 8800 series card? Temp issues?

well, like I said… I was running it @ very high setting across the board @ my monitors native resolution (1680x1050) getting roughly 10fps. DirectX10 mode BTW

I wasn’t really trying to play the game per se, but I was just trying to stress it to see what kind of temps I’d log to give a base line on my cooling under stock clock conditions before trying to overclock it.

It is generally after about 10-15 mins of this (give or take) the FPS would start to get unstable (anywhere from 1fps to 10fps… or 60fps if looking @ the ground :P)

I tried TF2 maxed out (everything set to quality on the driver side… AAA enabled) and didn’t run into this… everything set to highest settings in game @ my native resolution I got a fairly consistant 60FPS, but the temps also never went above 65* on this game.

Maybe it’s just Crysis stressing the hardware too much? Perhaps the card doesn’t have a sufficent enough memory bus (and size of the memory) to efficiently use Very high textures? Thats the only other thing I can think of