Anyone else sick of the tooner crap?

All of the street racing articles anymore are about civics, integras, eclipses etc.

Go to Walmart and look at the toys section. No vettes, no vipers, just WRXs, civics, etc. I saw a box that contained a riced out integra with 4 NAWWWS bottles and interchangeable wheels that said MUSCLE TUNERS on it. Where is the MUSCLE in that?

My little cousin thinks this kids CRX with bolt ons is soooo fast. He is impressed that the kid can do a one wheel burnout for about 30 ft.

All the new racing video games feature 350Z’s, skylines, etc. Hell, Gran turismo had about 50 civics to choose from, but no TransAMs.

Even super chevy magazine has a scetion about 2.2 ecotecs and V6 Malibu’s with body kits.

I think even though the camaro is coming back, it’s too late. RWD V8 just don’t have the appeal that they used to. Everything now is FWD/AWD and turbos. It’s weird how what’s “cool” from generation to generation changes.

x2

To go along with the generation comment, you also have to think what is readily avalible now and days at an affordable price. The price to own a decent V8 isn;t as cheep as it was when my dad was growing up and such. Maybe if a decent Camaro, or mustang or what ever didn’t start out at 28 grand, more people would play with them.

Its just not phesable for some people right now.

:dunno:

i know i would

Roland, we grew up in an awkward time. We grew up in the decline of cars. (1980s).

This tuner shit started in the 90s, so the younger generation grabbed on. It’s their muscle car era… and the manufacturers are pricing their cars for them to be able to obtain.

While the RWD V8 Muscle, is being aimed at the older clientel who grew up during the muscle era

But a lot of younger import fans give a lot of respect to the RWD V8’s, and know their place in the racing world.

Technology has caught up with the smaller engines. But the larger V8’s do have the bigger “potential”

remember back when you were 16, and listening to Judas Priest and Metallica was cool, and all the parents hated it… and all you could think about was how old they were, and how lame they were?

:kekegay:

ya but we’re about the same age, and i never got into the import thing, or had a ricer phase

when Roland was 16, we were 8. :rofl:

you and me or you and Roland?

you and i… Roland isnt to far off from us though either

8 yrs…

thats a pretty decent gap…

I would never have had a ricer phase had my pops let me get a 5.0 Mustang when I ended up getting the Prelude…

:embarassd

if only we had a time machine to go back and reconvince your pops

:kekegay:

it’ll change… you figure highschoolers now saw mullets and t-tops when they were kids and thought they were gay so they went import when they could drive.

kids now are seein eminem wannabes rocking sunbirds and stock civics and they’ll think its gay and go back to rwd muscle or jetson cars but definitly not rice

:zzz: you can pick up any F-body or Mustang for $ 0 - $40,000
These cars are made to fit anyones budget :jerkit:

Imports are getting cheaper and easier to make fast… who would have thought 5 years ago the fastest 4 cylinder production imports would be running side by side with the fastest production V8’s?

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8 vs Pontiac GTO
Subaru STi vs 04 Mustang Cobra

i have the STi vs Cobra issue of Hot Rod. very very good article

no shit. Then start to mod them. They can be pretty damn fast. I love your car and Jay’s 240. Trust me, I’m not referring to your cars, it’s the Fast and Furious wannabes that I’m talking about.

Kolar youre almost right… I have yet to see an import break ito the 5’s

As far as production?

theyre close, but not close enough yet.

I honestly do not consider the STi Cobra competition, stock for stock

I consider it a close race, theyre both very good cars.

I dont know the STi’s modding potential though.

But I’m in agreement with Roland…I’m tired of this showy import crap

Black 240’s have to be the geyest import ever to grace the car scene :booty:

it depends on what your judging i guess… for the guys who dont just drag race and actually like to turn the wheel the subaru gets the win… for drag racing and doing big grandstand burnouts the Cobra is the clear choice.
But stock for stock… down the 1/4 mile they are only a few tenths difference… and to me thats competition.