anyone else's basement flood at all?

So our basement doesn’t really ever flood that much. If it does, it’s usually only on the one side, and it tends to never be too bad. Well go figure, today the entire basement flooded. About an inch of water at the shallowest spots… some spots it looks like 4-5 inches or so. Fucking rain and warmups after 2 feet of snow PISSES ME OFF.

Yep mine did too…Similar situation happens with mine also. Fortunately it only flooded a little but I had a bunch of scrap carpet and padding on one side which will need to be thrown out.

Our Sump pump is like 50 years old so it is the sucks.

nope.

My sump pump has been going on about every 2 minutes.
At the busiest time, it was every 35 seconds.

I’ve also been told my street is the lowest ground level in Kenmore. :frowning:

Getting a water powered sump pump soon also.

Will check when I get home. I’ve never had water before, so I hope it don’t start now.

I bought a real good old house.

X…

Dealing with this all morning. grrrrrrr

little fyi: if you buy a house on a hill make sure its at the top not mid way down.

went over to my friends house to replace his… home depot and lowes are sold out, so don’t fucking bother. got the last little one from depot on transit and plumbed it in. his old one was plumbed into the storm sewer i think, but it had two valves so you could run it out the basement wall into the gutter and 10 feet away from the house along his fence so once i got the baby 1/3hp one running i ran it through there. good enough to keep things under control.

Shit I really need to get a new sump pump…I don’t know which one to get though.

Harbor freight on union has a few sump pumps.

Our basement in west seneca has been getting some standing water in low spots, the concrete floor isn’t level.

I have been pushing it to the drain with a squeege every couple hours. Never had a sump pump here, just a drain…

The house across our street has some serious water problems, their side yard is under at least 2 feet of water. It is crazy, they hooked up a pump to pump it to the storm sewer…

We are about half a mile from caz creek, I drove by there today, the water is rushing rapids, it looks very high…

Home Depot in North Buffalo had a decent selection left. And they had $99 water powered sump pumps too. Not sure how they compare to the $300 ones I have been seeing.

Pauly, have you ever had that problem before?

We got most of it out now. Turns out it was around 9" deep at the worst spots. Got a dehumidifier and fans running right now. Had to look around for the pump we had… gonna have to get an automatic sump pump sometime soon. I hate uneven basement floors.

guy on the end of the street has water up to his porch outside about 4 steps up.

Once every few years Joe. Only when an extreme amount of water comes down the hill. I had 6" of water running through my front garage from the back patio. The town needs to redo the ditch across the street from me (its pitched wrong), when alot of water fills it it come across the street and into my yard, fills all the window wells then leaks into the basement. and of course the sump is at the other end of the house. I did have something different this time- where my septic pipe goes through the wall i had a steady stream of water comming in(not waste water, rain) it was a lovely morning.

Man that sucks. :frowning: And more planned for tomorrow too.
Don’t they know it’s cutting into your valuable Chevelle restoration time?
Bastards!