Anyone ever delt with JUN III's?

Cuz im bout to snap mine in half.

Removed the crane stage II cams in favor of jun III’s for a couple reasons. Wanted bigger vtec lobes, and smaller primary lobes (better driveability, easier tuning etc)

Car ran strong with the old cams in, throw in the juns and now clicking like hell, almost sounds like valves. Set the lash at .006 in and .007 exh. (and rechecked)

The motor is smoking now, running like shit and rapping like hell. Did a comp check, 270, 270, 270, 270. and valve lash is still good. WTF IS GOING ON? I also know that according to the gears it is in time. I cant figure this out.

I could see bad lost motion assemblies being bottemed out making the noise but not the smoke, etc. We have the JUN III’s installed in another friends car and it wasnt near as noisy ( i can hear it ove the radio in the car).

Sorry im just venting I dont really expect much of a solution to come from here. but any suggestions wouldnt hurt.

You running stock or oversize valves? Cam gears set to zero? Are those the proper lash specs that Jun recommends for those cams?

Did you try a leakdown also in addition to the compression test?

stock size valves, cams at 0,0 at 110 centerline and also 102 centerline (recommended by some experienced builders.)

Many people run that lash on them with no problems. I have yet to do a leakdown. I dont have the equipment here to do it so im going to have to have it done.

dude, what valve springs are you running? those cams should idle fine, and get crazy during vtec.

I got a valve problem or something im getting a leakdown down and goin from there.