oops i broke it already

Ok after all the issues with the car so far because i bought a car that was hacked together. I had the motor out once so far to replace the leaking timing cover and oil pan.I put my better set of heads on it, swapped in a th350 and 3000 stall. Got it running and from the beginning it seemd to be lacking. After a week or so of playing with it and beating it up a lil bit a tick started.I made sure there was no exhaust leaks, pulled valve covers to find a rocker loose Figured mabe it came loose, no prob readjusted it, mabe 10 min of running tick came back, mind you it wasnt a loud tick just faint, I figured ehh wtf mabe a lifter collapsed as i had that happen before on my old car, took it apart, was going to replace them all. Started taking the lifters out with magnet, all came out except the one that was ticking, I had to use a pair of needle nose to get it out.
Im guessing my cams been worn out since i got the car, considering a few other lifters were slightly concaved, but this is the one that was sticking. so i guess a new cam and lifters are in my near future, should have that friday or so

sooooooooooooo

I would like to let you know I got pissed off reading this

I still dont know what you want … or was this your “blog” entry

PLEASE USE PARAGRAPHS

Steve i have a crane cam/lifters with about 700miles on it if intrested. I labeled the lifters and all. I think it was 218/218 .454/.454 i only used it for part of a summer. $50. and its yours.
side note -on a hydr. cam You need to add a zinc product at every oil change. Either GM EOS, crane break in lube, zddp. Oil now a days does not have the zinc in it which protects the lifter to lobe contact area

"new car,new motor, new summer, new hopes, same speedped :picard:come see me at the track =] "

found your problem

not one single person on the forum gives a shit about your shitty shit

I thought he died … I have not seen a post out of him for a few weeks

I really feel bad about him actually posting in GA and it being GA thread and us shitting on it, but seriously, I don’t even want to read that shit.

im guessing thats what contributed to the problem, can you pm me the part number please thanks

some do, just usually not the honda people such as yourself

Was that engine spray painted while it was in the bay?

ugh, im a domestic guy and i don’t want to read that shitty shit either

no, i told my nephew to paint my pulley setup for me and i figured it take it out and clean it up first but apparently not. the whole cars getting repainted over the winter including the engine bay and a new engine may be getting built.

I will say the first picture is pretty cool from a photography point of view. Depth of field, shadow, exposure… Nice job!

such an attractive shade of green, looks good on the steering shaft too

You put a “better” set of heads in it? The heads from the picture have stock pressed-in studs. They look like stock springs too, by the big cup style retainers. You know that a big cam will pull a stock stud out right? What cam is in it?

That lifter is fucked. There are now tiny particles of metal throughout your motor. Take the oil filter off and cut it in half and take a look. Good luck with the rebuild.

the heads are ported,polished and decked, the studs are pinned. the springs are not stock, i drained the oil already didnt see any metal there, if i had the motor would be out already, the cam that was in it was something around .480 lift or so from what i was told, it had a lopey idle to it

PM’d

Why don’t you just swap a POS LT1 into this…At least it might be able to move under its own power…and you can still keep the white trashy feel of your current setup :lol:

it should move decently once its back together all the parts are going to be matched to the same powerband and it has a nice converter in it to keep it in the powerband