Anyone ever donate a car?

How did the process go? It might be too difficult and a pain to sell my car with the salvaged title and everything so been looking to donate it for an easy deduction.

Who did you donate it to? What was the tax deduction they give you and what is it based on?

also, how hard was it to do on your taxes to get your credit?

donate it to the erie 1 bosces program we used to work on cars all the time in there that were donated

not 100% sure as it’s been a while since I’ve donated a car, but from what I recall you get shit for a tax credit anymore :tdown: It used to be worth while, but you might be better off selling it for a few hundred bucks if you can.

Thank you. I am only looking to get $750 to sell it. It runs and would be a decent winter car at least for the rest of this year but I just want to get rid of it pretty much so I was hoping it would net some type of return on a tax deduction but can’t seem to find any information on how they value it.

If I remember right, they changed the laws a few years ago. As it used to be, you could get what the value was deducted. They changed it so you would only get what the charity gets for it, so basically the price it goes for at auction. (really low).

whats the car?

:poke:but thats not a donation…think of all the poor kids that want to be auto mechanics someday to rip people off…

donate to a firehall, so they can use it at a drill :slight_smile:

yeah, you might want to look into donating it to a firehall or a school… I’d assume that they’d write you some sort of receipt for tax time

cant you bring it to a scrap yard and sell it for scrap? I’m not sure how much you’d get…

scrap is stupid cheap these days… he’d get more for it if he sold it/donated it

Ya its a 2001 sunfire se posted in the auto trader forum. Only asking $750 on it since it has some mechanical stuff that needs to be looked at/fixed. Someone who needs a winter beater or project for parts could use it but I rather just get rid of it fast.

lol i sold my 95 sunfire for 1600

whats wrong with it how many miles maybe i need a winter car ? plus i love j-body

There is a charity in Buffalo that accepts car donations, specifically. I cannot remember the name though.

i donated a car to the fire hall and got a shitty tax break