Anyone ever lived in the South, if so, where?

Shoulda tried for florida. I fucking hate georgia. Savannah was decently nice, Ive never been near georgia so i cant really say. Good luck either way, Making moves is half the battle.

Good talk.

:rofl

Thanks for the well wishes Nick!

i grew up in durham, nc and lived in charlotte, nc for 6 years until moving to charleston, south carolina for school with the navy and currently here for more school… i haven’t read the whole thread yet, but if you have any questions, feel free to hit me up

I’ll be in Durham all summer most likely, whats the area like? Weather, population, people, schools, everything really! lol

North Carolina is my target state all said and done, so I’d be interested to see what you thought about the state and the area growing up.

Meant atlanta. its all the shitty same.

the durham area is really nice for the most part… downtown has really been cleaned up, especially around the new ball park for the durham bulls… TONS of awesome restaurants, local shops, scenery, etc… you will be right in the middle of 3 major universities (duke, unc chapel hill, and nc state) so there is plenty of nightlife and college chicks to go around if that’s your thing… the car scene is pretty good down there as well (check out www.horsepowerjunkies.com for your local forum fix) with several local drag strips and you wont be far at all from V.I.R. (virginia international raceway) definitely try to get out to one of their events if you can- the track is GORGEOUS and often hosts events which air on speedtv… there are also quite a few reputable speed shops down there… summer, you can expect it to be in the 90’s pretty much every day and fairly humid… there are a lot of mosquitos, so be prepared for that… i’m not really up to date on the school systems down there since i graduated over 10 years ago, but my sister goes to a charter school which seems to be really good… hopefully this helps

Clearly you know boatloads about it.

F DC… i try to stay wayyy far away unless people are visiting and want to see some of the historic stuff. If you like city living then it would be great for you. Compared to NYC, it is 20x cleaner. Be prepared for things to cost about 20x more too though.

Im suprised i have not ran into Jclark out anywhere since back in NY thats about the only place we randomly been at the same time and place.

I will have to make sure I am far away from you when I move in the fall

Panama city beach, fl and Tallahassee, fl

Stay off the east coast then.

Well just talked to the company again, it looks like this co-op is going to go through August. So I will be gone for 9 months…damn.

Georgia in July/August…have fun with that