Anyone give blood?

I’m going in about 15 mins to give for the 5th or 6th time now. I think its important, and you all should look into it.

yea i go, i think its fun, cept when i get the new people and they stick me 927837824 times cuz they suck and cant find the vein

I’d like to, but honeslty… I can’t stand needles, I freak the fuck out when I see one going near me

I can’t do it… I’ve been out of the country too often :frowning:

I used to, but then I was on medication that prohibited me from doing it, and I haven’t been since. i should go now though.

It’s always been very easy for me. Needles don’t freak me, and I’ve got monsterous veins.

just got back, filled the bag in 4 minutes, the guy was shocked. hahaha, i guess it usually takes 8-15 mins.

Yeah I fill the bag real quick usually.

They take it from my hand, I may got 2 - 3 times yearly.

I cant either. Ive never been able to. I get tattooed to frequently.

is there a time limit after you get the tattoo? or if you have a tattoo you can’t give blood at all

i have 2 tattoos, one on my arm. and they didn’t say anything. i think you need to wait 6 or 12 months. but really, it dosent matter, they test that blood for everything and anything anyways, if you had hep c from a tattoo, it would show up.

If they cant find a vein in your arm, and your a dude something is wrong. I work in a hospital as a Medical Technologist, I run the lab with a partner 3rd shift. Anyone comes into the ER it is our job to draw a rainbow of tubes, and draw any impatients within the hospital.

There are three main veins that run along the inside of say your elbow, everyone has them, it just matters how inferior they are to the surface of your skin. The people at the red cross are not really good at drawing unfortunately. They also use a needle that is gauged in the teens to get 300ml of blood as quick as possible.

I am not lieing when I say this, but I have been told that people have not felt the needle go in at all. Not joking. It matters how smooth and fast you insert the needle and how tight the skin is when you insert it.

Also, the higher gauge the needle, (larger the number and smaller diameter) will flow obviously slower it may hurt the same, less, or more as one of a different gauge. The larger gauge smaller needles need to be in longer and can move when switching tubes which is what hurts.

I have drawn people out of their arms, hands, feet, thumbs, and drew a guy in detox in the back of the leg as the rest of his veins felt like steel braided cables running through his arms.

I’ve given blood a couple of times, but before I got a tat and before I started travling to some of the shittier parts of the world. That probably counts me out. Last I knew, the rule was 12 months after a tat you could donate again. What are the rules for traveling?

needles = ftl

i will never give blood because i hate needles and i would probably cry.

props to the people who do though.

wimp :smiley:

i only go when its at my work, if i have to go down to the building, its usually fuckin packed and u wait for a long time cuz they send out letters saying “OMG SHORTAGE” but i was informed they just do it to get people down there, regardless its a good thing to do… but ive done it a few times, but they used to call me everyday and annoy me, so i told them i got a tattoo recently

I have given blood a few times. I dont have a vein, I have a pipeline lol. The damn thing in my right arm is like 1/2" wide and sticks out like 1/4".

I donate platelets. :slight_smile: As often as I can.