Anyone have a Tech II ?

I would’ve searched but I’m on my phone.

I ran in to a stupid situation with my GTO and ended up with an “AirBag Fault” code. So, the only things to my knowledge that can clear the code and reset it is the Tech II and the Snap-on Brand scanner. All other scanners can’t acces/read the BCM.

I just got off the phone with Wright and they wanted $90 flat diagnostic fee just to connect to the computer. I know what the issue is, there nothing to diagnose just clear the code. Sure… $90 bucks.

So there’s my sob story. Does anyone have acces to these tools at some reduced rate? lol.

Edit: I didn’t see the thread right below this, my bad. Stupid mobile version.

pewter has one

Okay, that is a plus lol.

There was a drunk guy on the assembly line of the GTO and a few hundred have issues with a seam that was improperly sealed in the rear tire well. Water and road debris enter the rocker panel from said hole and then eventually floods in to the interior. I came home from a 100 mile road trip to find a lake in the passenger side of the car. Both floor mats were floating. I spent that night pulling the interior and setting up a dehumidifier. All is well now, except for the air bag connector that was submerged under water lol.

It just put the system in fault, and just needs cleared.

Wow that sucks Evan anything else get messed up?

No, not that I know of. There was previous water damage on the foam padding. So its been happening a few times just never this severe or noticeable. The water that came, excuse me, poured out of the rocker was clear with no signs of rust, so I should be good.

this is the way fords are. i’m not entirely sure about GM

air bag should self test every key on engine off

if the the light stays on it still detects a fault. most likely theres high resistance in that circuit now

01GPGT, once the airbag fault is triggered it stays active in the BCM until cleared.

If you remove the pass seat for the track and do not remove the airbag sensor from it and reconnect it with the battery disconnected you get the same error and it needs cleared by a tech II

it there anyway to seal it up to prevent that from happening again?

Already done, used some Silicon RTV in both wheel wells to seal the seam.

that’s interesting, thanks!

i can take care of you if your in the north hills are for a fee not like wrights

I can be anywhere actually lol.

What kind of fee are you talking about.

pm me we can work some thing out

Thanks shaggy. I PM’d him earlier. I’d make the drive down to Mt. Pleasant myself to get this taken care of.

Pewter is the man, I drove down to JJ’s tonight after work and got the code cleared. Brian it was nice meeting/talking with you.

Pittspeed FTW

Pewter is the man, I drove down to JJ’s tonight after work and got the code cleared. Brian it was nice meeting/talking with you.

Pittspeed FTW

nice meeting u & the lady!ur welcome!