General Inspection Question...

I have an 06 Impala. I recently switched out the factory seats in it to all leather seats from an 04 Caddy CTS.

The only problem is I haven’t been able to figure out how to hook up the Air Bag Detection System for the passenger side yet. So, when I start the car, after a couple of seconds it says “Service Air Bag”.

Is this something that will cause me to fail an OBDII inspection? If it is, I’ll be forced to stick the old seat in and reconnect it until I can figure out how to wire it.

Any info would be helpful.

fuck it, no way that would fail. safety is looked at in regaurds to the vehicle on the road not the passengers inside

except of course seatbeats, but that’s all I can think of really

btw in response to the obd II monitor, heres a fact. the light can only be set if the pcm determines it’s possible for emissions to be 1.5x the normal value

it’ll pass with airbag light on as well as ABS light… you should be fine.

Good luck with that I personally wouldn’t pass that.

Is there a way to reset that? I know in my car, when I took the seats out to do some wiring I got an Air Bag light that came on. There was a specific reset process just to reset that light. All I did was disconnect the sensor that is in the seat to trigger the light. Just a thought.

okay so sasquach fails you. now you pull the bulb out of the dash and problem solved. there’s no state regs that say you gotta scan the pcm and check for body, chassis etc DTCs and they certainly won’t fail an OBD II check, guaranteed

Well there is no bulb in the dash on a Imp, it comes up on the display where the odometer, temperature, etc… is. But I get your idea

You can pass w/ airbag light.

how many pins on the connector for the seat switch?