Anyone have any experiences in flying with Skybus?

I am planning a trip out to go skiing at Whistler in late Feb-Early March.

Looking at flights out of Buffalo to Vancouver I was looking at ~$500 roundtrip, with 3 total connections needed, and a high risk of lost luggage and headaches.

Doing some research I found an airline that has flights out of Columbus, OH (5 hours away ~ 300 miles) that can get me to Bellingham, WA direct-non-stop flight for $100, and $10 for baggage check. It’s a no-frills airline. No in-flight movie, food and beverages cost extra, all crap I don’t need basically.

Factoring in the drive to Columbus, long-term parking, and transportation to Vancouver I am sitting at around $300 or $350 to get all the way to Whistler thru shuttles. And I won’t need to buy a passport because I will be entering Canada via land.

I know they aren’t local, but I am wondering if anyone has flown on this airline.

www.skybus.com

Scanning the web, aslo, I’ve got two sets of reviews.

One set complaining a lot.

The other set raving.

Don’t know if I should take the jump and risk it to have more cash to play in Whistler or not.

i flew my g/f via skybus recently. she had no complaints. it isnt the most luxurious, but i would care if i were headed out to whistler again.

the thing about whistler is you dont want to be driving the pass at night. last year i got in at 11pm their time and noone wanted anything to do with helping me get to whistler that late at night. and when temps drop at the base, the roads are hairy to say it best.

all i am saying is if you go skybus route, try and get their earlier so you arent deling with nightime driving and checking in.

and hit whistler peak first cuz once you go blackcomb you wont go back. only thing good whistler side is the creek run and mconkeys run. blackcomb all the way to skiiers left is by far the best snow and endless terrain

sounds like a good move to me.

Columbus is about 5.5 hours from here.