Anyone here have a licensed Copart.com account???

I’m super serious about obtaining a donor/parts car and only about 15% of this particular car are open to bid by a standard account…the rest won’t let me bid without a business license…

I’m hoping I can find someone semi-local willing to bid on a car on my behalf up to my budget price, I will compensate you in some way for helping me out…very willing to negotiate on it.

I know you can go through a broker, but most of them have a $200 fee for buying the vehicle PLUS you have to give them a $400 deposit which they hold for one year (doesn’t go toward vehicle purchase). Getting $600 tied up without even putting any of that toward the car is pretty much blowing almost half my budget right off.

Any of the forum sponsors have an account and willing to help me out?

Let me know what / who you find if you do.

I too am looking into this

BUMP. very serious…I have a specific lot number I want to get my hands on and would compensate someone with a license very fairly to obtain this car…

I smell an AWD transplant. Hope this works out for you man.

Someone still looking for a Jaguar swap?

I tend to find one I’m allowed to bid on every 2-3 months, and then subsequently lose the auction. I’ve been consistently trying to win one for under $1500 for about 2yrs now on the down-low. Sick of losing, NEED one.

I might. I’ll have to call them and check. If I recall correctly there is an annual charge to continue membership. I’ll let you know.

• Updated - - -

Also check www.iaai.com

if the fee is under $300, I would pay it if I could get the car under $1200. I have $1500 cash in hand I would spend to get a manual trans’d x-type. I don’t care how I get it, that’s what I’ll spend.

I called copart and talked to a rep. last week. Told her I have seen this car I want up multiple times with bids at $0. I asked why cant I just come in and drop 500-1000 and take this off your hands. She looked up the car and said, the reason it keeps getting put back on the market is because the seller rejects low bids.
So from what I understand, you can bid on a car all you want but if the seller wants more money for the car, they can just reject it and list it all over again…pretty much BS if you ask me

The other part that is BS is that if you put in a max bid of say $600, and during live bidding someone MATCHES your max bid, they automatically get it for that amount, even though you offered it first…so basically people can sit in the live auction and just match your price and laugh their ass off that they took it from you for exactly what you were willing to pay.

and then the fees afterwards are not cheap. ive bought a few off there with and without a license.

just use a broker and then get your deposit back a month or so later, thats what i did

Seriously?! Thats crap

• Updated - - -

It only takes a month to gt it back?

What if you lose and want to put another bid in on a different car? Can you use that same deposit or do you need to front more cash

from the guy i used yeah i got my deposit back within weeks. if youre going to bid on a few cars, just let them hold the deposit until you find a car and are done bidding.