auction cars-who has a license, how does one get one

I found a car I want but the dealer is sending it to the auction and said if I want it I will need to know someone with a wholesale license…or get one.

Anyone here have one?
If so how much of a PITA is it to get one / how much?

Thanks

no one so far?

what auction?? Adesa?

If you are willing to pay for it, why would the dealer send it to the auction? Make them a reasonable offer and they should be willing to sell it. Cars are worth a lot more retail than they are at auction.

unless it has problems they can dump it at auction with no worries. justin has a dealer license but anything we pick up at auction needs to pass inspeection before we can sell it.

so the dealer has a car that someone wants to buy and he wants to send it to auction. In other words i wont sell you this car cause its really F*cked up.

Adesa - yes

Thats the thing, the dealer does not want to inspect the car since im guessing it wont pass. So they cant sell it to me unless I have / know someone that has a license.

Is getting one expensive?

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Yes thats what im thinking. but its pretty cheap

If you are actually thinking it is cost effective to get a dealers license for one cheap heap of shit car, you are far fucking stupider then I gave you credit for. How fucking stupid are you? Yeah, you only need a lot, about 3425897248957 things from the state each costing $200, have an inspector come out to the lot, garage insurance policy, registration for the plates, etc etc. So, all said and done, this cheap car is going to cost you about $5k and then, someone might pay more for it at auction. And by the time you get set up, snow will be flying.

I have encountered this with towne bmw when asking about a car that I knew was traded in and needed a clutch. They would only sell it to the public if I had a dealers license.

I do understand the position they take on this in terms of hassle and BS with anything. Its not worth it for them.

Pretty f’n stupid bro! But thanks for all the credit, it felt good!

This isn’t the first time(nor last) I’ve bought a cheap car that needed work, fixed it and sold for a profit. This isn’t my profession, but if there’s money to be made, I’m on it. This is the first time I have come into this issue. That’s…why…I…asked…the…question.

I think it would be resonable to ask if you could pay someone a fee for buying the car for you that has a dealers license.

PS: Dont ask quattokrant LOL.

Old dirty (dan) on here has one. Pm me if you need to get a hold of him.

in all seriousness, it’s quite an undertaking to become a dealer. To do it for one car, not cost effective at all. Unless the car in question is a Ferrari 250 or something that you can get for $100k.

Ha
Tell me about it

what is the so called car you are interested in?

:snky:

I have one, pay me $500 and I can run it thru the books, what does it need to pass inspection?

Thats the thing, I have no idea what it needs to pass. So if I go through you and “you” buy it. Does it need to pass before it can be “mine”?

Exactly NYS law states that the dealer MUST inspect the car when it is being sold to a “retail” customer. If you were also a dealer we could just do a dealer to dealer wholesale sale. I have heard about some dealers even selling beater cars “as-is where is cash sale” but good luck with that lol. If you wanna get creative you can find out what tuesday they are going to run the car at auction and I could bid on it (after you prove you have the cash in hand)

But again from past exper. I would highly suggest you find out what the issue with the car is before even thinking of buying it. Think of it this way…If the dealer could fix it for cheap and make it worth while/profit, the car would be on the lot as we speak…
what dealer is it your trying to buy from?

Jerrer- is the car still at towne? I have very good connections there if you were still interested…

It was a while back and not worth the BS, but thank you for asking :tup: