Looking for a car salesman job. Help me.

Well I’m kinda looking for a job that I can make baller commission off of. However, I don’t know exactly where to start.

I have 2 years experience selling used cars on the private market and I’ve been super successful at it. So I figure since I kind of have a knack for selling cars, a salesman job would be just right.

Anyone know where I’d be able to apply for a job and actually have it do something?

One of my father’s friends manages a dealership for west-herr so I think I’m gonna ask him, but I’d prefer a back up plan if anything.

Help and insight is always appreciated,
-Sobo

if you’ve been super successful then why work for somebody else? Find some cash and get a dealer license.

Agreed^ don’t work for the man, be the man. All you need is 4 parking spaces.

is that all you need for real estate to get a dealer’s lic?

i think so… its not pretty stringent… NYS just wants their $$…

Paddock Chevrolet is always hiring

i work at northtown. the resale center on main st. is looking for a sales person

Dealership license costs $10000+Insurance for your dealer plates.

You also must have land, and a shop to cover your mandatory warranty at.

I’m not dumb, I’ve looked into it and its not feasible. I’m 19 years old I wanna enjoy my youth and have nice things while I can.

That place doesnt do heavy business

It does not cost that much.

yeah not even close.

It’s still redic expensive and out of my budget. I heard it can total up to 10k easy when all said in done with taxes and insurance throughout the season even if you just sell a minimal amount of cars.

well, as with 90% of the legit businesses out there… theres going to be some overhead, and you need to be able to cover it… why not go apply at northtown, west herr, basil, etc etc…

This is the most absurd thread I’ve read in a while. Dude wants to sell cars, not open a fucking dealership. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

+1 lol I was thinking this exactly as I read responses.

It’s like asking to find an apartment to rent for 6 months and having people tell you to buy a lot and build a house instead. :lol:

Maybe find somewhere that sells a lot of used cars…

I know you don’t make baller commission off new ones.

Edit: Unless your Beck

Sell used cars at a major chain… Learn the biz… Buy tradeinz before they go to auction and sell on the side… You can sell 1 a month before u need a license… Make an easy 25k a year netting 2k proffit average per car

Do you have any clue how hard it is to net $2000 per car?

Edit: If you are looking for a sales job then start by selling yourself. Go to some places (in person) and start giving them a reason to hire you. That’s the best chance you’ll have.

unsure what it’s like in NYS but down here to sell cars you just have to be qualified, and licensed under 1 dealership. to own a dealership is a $50k bond, a space zoned for commercial automotive sales, must have 10 spaces min to display cars, mens and womens restroom, maintain a certain number of hours per week, etc.