something different. sales?

currently employed as a c tech. just looking for something less phsyical with more earning potential. working on cars is ok for a hobby or side job but not what i want to do for a living. looking for mabe auto sales, parts sales, something like that where theres more earning potential. it seems every dealership i worked at the the salesmen were the ones making the $

start pounding pavement, the turn over in most stores is so high that there are always positions available. Sales in every store make more money. I once had to break a $100 bill and when I went around the parts and service dept trying to break it, everyone looked at me like “you’d be crazy to carry that much cash around”. :uhh:

anyone?hows being a insurance agent? or realtor?

life advice from nyspeed? really?

why don’t you assess what you like to do and what you’re good at, then go from there.

Go back to school or something

i like cars, but working at a dealer as a c tech or any other level tech isnt what i want to do for a living. i like doing performance and custom stuff just not anywhere in shitty buffalo that really does that and is hiring.

yea because I want my performance car builder to have a 9 sec 1/8th mile car. You really don’t know what you want. You can’t just go sell real estate. Same thing with cars or anything.You need to work your way up from the bottom. become someones assistant at a car dealership. Thats how my sister learned

Like Beck said car dealerships have a high turn over…why? because the job fucking sucks yes there are 10% of car salesmen that do well…

Real estate :tif: market goes up and down are you a good people person?

Mechanic good for now and the next 10 years or so but beats up physical over time…

Why don’t you work and take night classes or something useful?

Why don’t you look for actual careers instead of the next job?

If you are a tech at a dealership right now, start talking to the service writers/mgr about possibly moving in that direction. Service managers love to get writers that have previous knowledge as a tech because it helps to sell a job when you have experience in what you are selling. Same goes for car sales. Bust your ass and show the people you work for right now that you are willing to do what it takes to move up the ladder.

sales is always hiring , hell we just hired 6 new guys at my dealership to flood the floor

my first month i made about 600 a week , second month i made about 900 a week, and by my 3rd month i was making around 1200 a week gross

the money is there but its not for everyone

ive thought about trying to become a service writer, ill try looking into that tommorow. ive looked into the real estate and insurance thing you pretty much just have to take a class and get liscensed for both to get into it. i was hoping someone here might be in one of those fields that could offer some advice

sales wise i have no actual experience, but when people i know are looking for something like a car im the guyt who finds one for them and sets it all up and usually makes a few hundred in the process so im assuming id be a good salesmen

Every tech that I’ve known to try out sales, failed miserably. Two completely different types of personalities. Good luck though.

im a certified tech, but maybe im an exception to the rule

google paretos rule… or the rule of 80/20…

if you can be top 20, you’ll do well…

Id look for something you enjoy more than something that pays the bills… lifes to short.

Life insurance sales is tough, if you want an interview at NYLIFE give Lucianno a call…

geico is great i hear, they wouldnt hire part time though

i applied online for geico didnt hear anything back tho. asked about the service writer posistion at my work, currently not looking for one

You should start a career in IT