"Dealer" car licenses for auto auctions.

Is there any criteria that needs to be met in order to obtain a dealer’s license? If it helps in any way, my father owns a registered business, so I do have access to a business account of some sort.

Obviously, I’m not a dealer at this point, but I feel like I’m missing out on a ton of good cars because I can’t access private auctions.

i’m sure pewter will chime in on this one in the AM, cuz i’m sure he can answer this

no ur not,to much shit goes over seas!

I looked into it, there’s a decent number of requirements, the fee isn’t that bad. If you google it I’m sure you can find the “application.” It goes by state. I think some states are way easier than PA.

http://www.dot10.state.pa.us/pdotforms/misc/pub_459.pdf

I think that is the current info. I glanced through it a year or so ago and from what I recall you have to have an actual place of business (a store front) that met different requirements for signage and an office with a filing cabinet, etc.and the state comes and inspects it and everything. I think Gearhead either just did this or is in the process for his new shop.

I live less than 10 minutes from one of the largest auto auctions in the country so I was very tempted to try and get a license myself.

I’ve been jumping through hoops for 2 months now. I don’t expect to get my license and plates till august/september

im rockin one