Anyone install a tankless water heater? Rinnai

It looks pretty easy to install but is there something a common person might miss?

Im getting this one
http://www.rinnai.us/tankless-water-heater/r94lsi-vb2735ffud-us/
Any Opinion on this?
I live with my wife and daughter we have a 2 bathroom house. We had a 40gallon hot water tank that we never drain had a problem with until yesterday it decided to take a dump after 24 years of service ahahahah manufactured in 1987! baller and it was a cheap value brand hahaha.

Well I been trying to find the best tankless system and Rinnai came in as the top by consumer is this correct?

they are one of the best. As for installing it your self i hope you have some plumbing know how

I do have some know how. but how hard is it? to hook up 3/4 Gas Line, Cold 3/4 In, Hot 3/4 Out, Vent Out to the exisiting Hot water tank vent, and Plug it in?
Just got to sweat the copper piping and call it a done deal?

I can see the pros to them, but if you think you are going to save money with one, then you will be mistaken.

They are good if you are trying to eliminate a chimney because they vent directly outside the house.

Talk to a plumber and see what models he recommends. The electric ones do not work great with our cold water in the winter time. You will want a gas fired one.

Most models you need to run a dedicated power line to them also.

Endless hot water sounds ok, but I don’t use that much hot water, so it doesn’t make sense at least in my house.

I was looking into one, and it is hard to justify going tankless when you can get a new hotpoint unit from home depot for $330 out the door.

My nearly 10 year old 40 gallon unit burns maybe 10-15 dollars worth of natural gas per month. There just isn’t much to save unless you are using a ton of hot water.

We dont used alot of water either, im more concerned of the water busting all over my finished basement if the 40 gallon decideds to let loose lol. I dont mind about the saving aspect but just the selling point down the road if i do decide to sell the house also.

Only if you want to burn your house down. Gotta use expensive ass double walled insulated vent pipe. I looked into a ventless tank a couple of years ago. IIRC you had to budget a couple hundred for the vent piping.
Shit’s gotta burn damn hot to get a sufficient temperature rise in the winter around here.

I ended up going with a tank.