Anyone Know 2000+ Eclipses well?

I seem to be having a transmission issue with the fiance’s 2002 Eclipse. It has the 3.0 with the auto shift transmission. Ever since I took the car to get painted the issues started (they had the battery disconnected). First when i got it back the car would not idle…I read online and in the owner’s manual the computer has to reset itself when the battery is disconnected and the idle corrected itself. So that was ok. The other issue was the transmission seems to be slipping when under light throttle. For example if you are drifting in slow moving traffic it will happen or when you lightly accelerate down or up a hill it will do it. Seems like when the RPMs are around the 2K range. I read in the owner’s manual that if the battery is disconnected the battery the transmission will not shift as smoothly for the first few shifts. Well this has been about a week now.

One thing I am wondering is it possible if the battery was connected wrong (negative end first) could this damage the electrical part of the transmission and cause this?

I am going to get the fluid flushed out anyways since it has 45K miles on it…but I seriously think it is something electrical since it all started when the body shop had it.

So if anyne know a lot about the 00+ eclipse transmission and has some insight it will be much appreciated.

BTW we called the autobody place and they said everything was fine when they had it…it even idled perfect…even though it stalled out 5-6 times on a 1 mile drive from the dealer to my house. Keep in mind they drove it from Bentleyville to South Park.

Another thing that seemed shady was when we picked it up the roads were pretty nasty. The car had some salt and what not on it but not too bad at all. When we got home from the dealer a whopping 1 mile drive the car looked 10 ten times worse. And they drove it from bentletville to South park. I called the dealer and he said the body guy said the car needed jumped once on the way back and for me to have my battery looked at. When I called the autobody shop I asked about this and they said…no it was 100% fine drove perfect…blah blah. I truelly think since it was stalling they flat bedded it back and didnt want to get “blamed” for anything so they kept their mouth shut…just all seems too shady.

I used to have a 2003 Eclipse. The computer is finicky when it is reset. How many miles have been put on in the last week? Mine acted funny when I first put an intake on it. It took a really long time for it to start acting right again. I would bet that it just needs some more time.

I would guess not even a full tank of gas. Maybe 100 or so miles I would guess since I got it back I would guess. I still want to get the fluid changed sing that car has a little over 45K on it.

I just hate how shady the place is being. I mentioned it to them so at least they know about it. I will give it some time and see. I still have to take it back to get a flaw fixed in the paint job. So I don’t want to cause any trouble that is not needed. Looks like the left a 2"x1" piece of tape on it and painted over it then took it off.

where is the manual trans drain plug on the 02 v6???

bics, let it go for another 100 miles and see how its acting. after resetting the computer, it can take up to 150 miles to relearn shift points/etc.

i have the Factory Service manual… look below where the half shafts meet the differential, right around the bell housing. looks like its there in the manual. the filler plug is on the front side (towards front of car) and the drain is toward the rear side.

thanks- its time to change mine

Will do, thanks.

Try searching http://www.club3g.com/forum/index.php ?