Anyone know a good type of paint to use on dash?

I want to paint my whole dash black. Old owner painted parts of it white :puke: please help.

try krylon fusion

buy some engine degreaser. its like $13 from wallmart. Put enough in the container and let the parts sit in it. After 30min take it out and rub it down with a sponge or something takes the white right out with out messing up the texture of the plastic. Worked on my car, last owner painted all the trim pieces white also. Stuff will eat your hands so be careful.

try removing the white if at all possible if not the best best way is to lighly scuff it with 320 fine grit sandpaper then wipe it down with gasoline anti-freeze. Use black bumper coating from canadian tire. My dads been doing interiors for 35 years. I just recently did a mustang all black interior…it used to be red and it came out flawless…Plastic paint will chip and flake after some time…you’ll bend your nail before you can put a noticable scratch on the dash with bumpercoating. Always do the liiiiightest coats at 1st and let it dry…otherwise you may get little cratter looking spots. inal coats you can hammer down with the spray paint.

^^ they are actually called “bumper coatings”?? is that the plastic maliable coating that you put on urethane bumpers so that the paint can flex with the bumper?

http://www.caswellplating.com/vht/images/can_bumber.jpg

This is the stuff to get.

The plastic paint cracks and chips and also looks glossy which IMO looks cheesey.

Bumpercoating is a mat-black and u can make it shine with armorall if you wanted.

buy a new dash.

Well, i don’t think there’s many out there for sale anyways. Cause if there was, i’m pretty sure that he would’ve made a dash for it already.

Dashboard:
A dashboard, dash board, or simply dash (and sometimes facia in British English) is a control panel located under the windscreen of an automobile. It contains indicators, dials, controls and displays to assist operation of the vehicle.

Originally, a “dashboard” was the upturned front of a horse-drawn chariot or waggon, which protected the driver from mud and debris thrown up by the horse’s hooves.

Dude who the fuck are you?

Dude, that’s Cumulonimbus, duh.

Well, I’m tall, dense, and I usually involve myself in thunderstorms, or general bad weather.

My name is Hans Drillingham III my father was part of the Altostratus group, but a northernly cold front from the artic sent him away over the ocean, and I never saw him again.

Who are you?

I’m just a kid who hustles daily to get by life. Everyday I’m hustlin’.

Scotty… you rule dude.

MAn who ever u may be , u are fucking hilarious, keep it up , i love ur dry dictionary sence of humor, thank u

yo nimbus, i think Goku is calling your name!

hahaha

i like your sense of humor too.

Quit trolling and stick with the thread

My parent’s cat’s name is Nimbus, it has brain damage.

http://webhome.idirect.com/~bschau/aria/Nimbus.jpg
http://webhome.idirect.com/~bschau/aria/Nimbus2.jpg

:wavey: