Anyone know anything about bmw's?

I just got a pretty good deal on an 87 325is… but I don’t know jack shit about bimmers.

Anyone know of any local bmw forums? Southern Ontario Bmw’s? SOB?

Its an odd crossover car, but rwd 5 speed with black leather=fun winter car.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Get ready for cold asses in the winter mark…leather sucks! lol

maxbimmer is a good site for the gta.

someone i worked with had an old 318, they seem to run for ever

Heated seats man!

get ready for girls to actually WANT to ride in my car.

Apparently welded diffs, stripped interior, and straight pipes aren’t pleasant? news to me.

pfft, them bitches is hoes. all those things turn me on… and i’m kinda a chick?

Did the older Bimmers have those rubber dampers between the tranny output and the driveshaft? I think they call it a “guibo”.

Here’s a link to it (with pics): http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/techarticles/E36-Guibo/E36-Guibo.htm

That’s something to look into if you’re going to do any performance driving. Especially in a higher mileage car, the rubber apparently gets hard and starts to break down. You don’t want your driveshaft to all of a sudden fall down and damage your rear end/diff/whatever on the 401.

most likely did. 240’s had that, i don’t see why a bmw wouldn’t.

i drove one of these before for a few days…pretty nice for what it is +1

If its 5 speed id look into tranny bushings…the one i drove was so hard to get into reverse.

Copy cat… :stuck_out_tongue:

www.maxbimmer.com
www.bimmerforums.com

Check all the bushings, ball joints (it has ALOT of em) and rear upper shock mount points. If thats all fine beat the piss out of it! :slight_smile:

My friend wanted to get one of the old E30’s, but he wants the 325e ughhh…2.7L I6 with a 4500rpm redline, I shit you not. lol

It’s a torque monster though, and is pretty good on gas, plus very reliable.

hmm, it’ll be a slightly heavy car as most bimmers tend to be, so make sure u don’t push it sideways too often if you plan on it lol…

but a very nice choice, should keep u comfortable and pretty warm once that heater kicks in :wink:

A quick search resulted in: the 2 Door weights for the E30 platform; 4-doors seem to be about 40-lb. heavier, according to the manual.

“Unloaded Weight, ready for road, tank full”

325i = 2811
325ic= 2987
325is= 2844
325ix= 2954

That’s comparable to an S13, meaning the car will be very agile.

Check the upper rear strut mounts. They’re known to wear out in older BMWs and they’re like $30.

my friend has an old E30. great car and he says the chicks love the heated seats, first thing they turn on when they get in his car

Meh its all about the heated wheel in the 7-series :-p

If it is a good price and the body is OK. Go for it. I’m seeing this girlie who is into BMWs she has loads of spare E30 shit. But parts are everywhere and cheap.

YOU WILL NEED SNOWS.

I used to have an '88 325i convertible back in the day and it was useless without them.

Thanks for the input guys. I ended up getting it for even a better price than I though. The motor is tired, but running strong. Hasn’t been driven in a couple years too regularly… so I’m going to do timing belt/water pump/thermostat while I’m in there.

I’ve never called a car cute before… but this? mayybe.

pics soon.

Another thing to check, see if he got the water pump replaced. Older Bimmers came with a plastic pump impeller that are known to just break and stop working… The replacements are all metal, check and see if the guy did it or not. If he didn’t, you should, so you don’t have problems. My uncle’s let go in his 325i after about 500,000km, but they’ve been reported to go at under 150,000km too…

Oh really haha

Yeah. Dustin is a heavy baller. bmw’s and ford’s 'n shit.

yea i got a bmw last week too any advice on my 01 330ci sports coupe guys and advise will help or anything i need to look for, maintenance??