Anyone know anything about In-Transit Permit [Intrastate]

I’m picking up a new car in near binghamton,ny and need to get temporary plates and registration,

Where do i need to go and what do i need to do?

Give me a 101 on this process please because i have no freaking clue what the dmv http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/register.htm is telling me please break it down for me

Spoonfeed it to me please!

It going from Binghamton,NY to Buffalo,NY so it not a Interstate but rather a INTRASTATE…from what i was reading.

from what i read…
put insurance on the vehicle…
get a reciept saying you bought it… maybe the title also? go to the dmv pay 10 bucks get a temporary tag… drive it for 30 days on the temp tag

you need a copy of the title and proof of insurance. Go to the local DMV tell them you need a temp plate. They give you a form. Fill out form, hand them the copy of insurance and title plus money. They give you temp plate.

Atleast thats how it was when i bought my car in NJ and needed one to drive it back.

So my best bet is get copy of title, insurance and bill of sales just in case.
Does the title have to be filled out?

Yes. And if you didnt notice, you will have to show proof that you paid NYS sales tax. If you dont have that, they will probably make you pay it right there.

The dmv website says you need both the title and bill of sale. So you need, title (filled out), bill of sale, insurance card. And im pretty sure they want originals, not copies.

Intrastate In-Transit Permit – The permit is valid for 30 days and allows you to transport a vehicle from one location in NYS to another location in NYS. For example, you need an intrastate in-transit permit if you buy a vehicle from a seller in another part of NYS and you need to transport the vehicle to your home before you register it. The fee is $10.

That was right from the link you posted. How hard is that to understand?

Ugh… you buy car… ugh.
Ugh… you pay $10 for transit permit… ugh.
Ugh… you drive car home, permit good 30 days… ugh.

So easy, a caveman could do it. :rofl:

You probably didn’t understand what you were reding jays…I understand that process of go getting it… I’m asking what material do I need…ughhhh even a caveman would understand that…

Ok, just a little farther down on the same link:

To apply for an intrastate or interstate in-transit vehicle permit you must provide:

Proof of insurance. AKA… INSURANCE CARD

Proof of Ownership: Read the information about proof of ownership. If you apply for an interstate in-transit permit, the DMV office returns the proof of ownership after it is examined. If you apply for an intrastate in-transit permit, the DMV office keeps the proof of ownership to issue a NYS title certificate. AKA… THE TITLE

Proof of Identification: You must show your proof of identity and date of birth. If another person brings your application to the DMV office, that person must follow the requirements for a second party application. AKA… YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE.

Application Form: Complete form MV-82ITP (In-Transit Permit).

Also required for intrastate in-transit permits only:

Sales Tax – Proof of sales tax payment or purchase price to pay the tax at the DMV office.
Title Certificate Fees – Pay the title certificate fee of $50.00, plus an additional $5.00 for each lienholder listed on the title certificate.
Vehicle Registration – After you move the vehicle to the final location in NYS, apply for a registration at a DMV office. Use form MV-82. Pay the fees for the registration documents and vehicle plates. The DMV then issues your vehicle plates and registration documents to you.

ugh ugh :wink:

you need to put the car on your insurance before you buy it, and get a card.

If you have geico or whatever its simple, you can go online, and print out a card, insuring the car in your own name.

I had to to this in ohio, its very similar.

I drove around on the 30 day temp tag until the day before it expired.

Yeah, rocking the paper license plate is great. I know there is a picture on somewhere of my GTO at an autocross at ECC-N with a paper North Carolina license plate.

I <3 temp tags.

Take a plate from your other car, slap it on your new car and drive it home. Plain and simple.

^^^ have done that 2 times and got pulled over and got the car impounded I have learned my leson. No more of that.

:lol: sucks to be you.

my last 2 cars that i brought had that happen from different area, tonawanda, and kenmore. no fun at all

so whats the new whip gonna be?

Dam same thing you got hahahah but n/a and going to gas mileage now…no more gas guzsler. Its a 1993 Honda Del Sol S, Captiva Blue, Bone Stock, Automatic (for the g/f)The G/F wanted it and I got a smoking deal on it so it was worth it but I got to drive 6hr to get it. Which sucks nuts but it will be here proabaly sunday lol or sat night if it goes as plan.