Anyone know of a good dyno shop that uses HP Tuners software?

I blew the 4t45e transmission on my 2006 Chevy Cobalt 2.4 Turbo and I will need a new tune with the race transmission thats going on it. I was using ASAP Performance by Ed before but I really wasn’t impressed with the quality or customer service there and would like to not go back if possible. I would like someone very knowledgable to do this retune for me.

i would talk to the Dan(s) of the cobalt/saturn crowd. they have done the self tuning with good results

Yeah, I’m gonna try to get in touch with them. Only thing with them street tuning is I dont have a wideband for air fuel. Thats why I kinda need a dyno with the tailpipe sniffer.

put a wideband bung in
just cap it when done tuning. honestly i think a wideband is better for tuning than using a sniffer.

Truth. Tailpipe sniffing sensors are inaccurate at best. Not something I’d trust my tune to.

You can get dan to come up to my shop and jump on my dyno.

i know cobalts are much different then hondas, but joe just blew out 501whp on pump gas out of my del sol, and you cant beat the prices

who is Joe?

Do you know what his screen name is on here?

I need to see if I have enough to get a wideband installed and find room for it as well. I also need to find a good boost controller and have that installed so that I can achieve 12 pounds reliably.

for what its worth, my wideband was pretty close to the tail pipe sniffer. Within half point but i cant remember how close. 1/2 point is pretty close and should get you a decent tune

half of .1? yeah that would be close enough for sure

if you have a turbo you should really have a wideband and gauge hooked up all the time. any kind of serious performance car should, it’s a small cost to make sure your afr is ALWAYs running where it should be…if its not then atleast you’re aware of it and can drive accordingly

haha more like to the .5. Point as in 1.0. It was closer than .5 i believe but I didnt record what my wb was saying. Just going by the dyno chart printout which seemed to match within .2-.3 of what my WB gauge was telling me

Im looking at the innovate wideband. I also need to find a good boost controller.

and a car that isnt a Cavalier.

I run the innovate wideband LC1. Permanently mounted. They have another hand held portable unit that would be nicer

real original:tool:

I picked up an innovate db blue wideband. Looking at the turbosmart basic mbc. Should be in the 12’s after all this is done.

i run an LC-1 and gauge all the time now. real easy to install and it’s worked flawlessly so far