Best shop to tune my turbo ecotec?

I originally had my tuning done by asap but I am dissatisfied with the tuning they did since in the winter I get a CEL for running lean and in the hot summer I get a CEL for running rich.

I’m looking to re dyno for a better tune as well as manually turn the turbo up 1 more psi.

Which shop would have the best knowledge and dyno for my type of car with tuning via a fmu/fpr.

Would have to have the tail pipe air/fuel sniffer since I don’t have a wideband yet.

wow… thats pretty shady.

What software do you use to tune it?

It’s a setup by hahn racecraft and garrett. It’s got a locked tune on the pcm and tcm and then for fuel tuning it has a return fuel system with a fmu/fpr called a boost fueler. You turn the bolts on the fmu and it adjusts the air/fuel ratio. He just put a sniffer in the exhaust and tuned it VERY quickly on the mustang dyno. I dont think he tried to get it right just barely good enough. I think with probably less than an hour someone that wants to do it right and have it running great with no CEL.

I have a standalone wideband (Innovate LM-1) that can be used on anything…let me know if you need it.

Would Hybrid Dynamics be a good shop for me? I know my car isn’t an import but it’s got the same setup as an import would. ASAP wasn’t used to 4 cylinder cars and had a rough time getting mine setup. Also, I don’t have enough money for a wideband at this time I might just scrape by getting this retune and replacing my worn tranny mounts.

Call HYbrid and ask…it can’t hurt. I meant if you need to tune with it you are welcome to…not buy it.

Im sure Denis at Hybrid could tune that for you. Give him a call like dying said…

that would actually be really cool. How does that work though? Does it install in place of my stock o2 sensor while on the dyno and tell my computer not to freak out?

Hybrid is 50 minutes and 31 miles away for me so hopefully it’ll be worth the drive.

Yes just plug it in and you’re ready to go…after tuning you’ll run on your stock O2.

If you go to Hybrid…Denis has one the he’ll use…you don’t have to provide your own. You are welcome to use mine to log A/F ratios as they are now, before a tune

I think you should look and see if anybody sells eproms to chip your ecu and the software to tune it or since its a pretty new model they probably just flash the stock ecu with a tune. see if anybody developed the software to tune it and go that route since your hahn tune is locked and the only way you have of tuning it is with the adjustable fmu which won’t be able to compensate for all that much.

Well since he has one then I’ll just let him use that one when I go. I appreciate the offer though. That was cool.

It can be tuned via hp tuners but it’s a very difficult pcm to tune. Someone already tried and failed. Thats why I am stuck using hahns locked tune since they took 2 years to get it right and they say the fmu is all i need to tune it further. the timing and tq mngt have all been taken care of as well as shift points and pressures. I just need to get the air/fuel ratio to be happy.

i would talk to the loccal cobalt clan. they seem to have the tuning down pretty well. I just saw them at hybrid on the dyno. but they tune their own cars. on here their names are
ppaz113, djt81185

i would get in contact with them. they have their cars running really well

I have spoke to them a while ago. I that ppaz (dan) decided not remove his turbo from the cobalt because of issues a while back but maybe he has it back on now. But djt has a 2.0 with a different computer in it so his wouldn’t help too much. I ask him whats up though since he has a different set up than me.

All the people saying it is impossible or whatnot are pretty weak, When the turbo was on Dan’s 2.4, the car was running great within an hour of letting djt and witt get their hands on it.

Well Dan is now playing with his DSM, so i don’t think we will see that turbo back on the balt :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=SK360;671897]All the people saying it is impossible or whatnot are pretty weak, When the turbo was on Dan’s 2.4, the car was running great within an hour of letting djt and witt get their hands on it.

QUOTE]

very true they have become proficient with hptuiners in the last year. i would see what dan suggest

well since my car is running a return fuel system will that complicate using hp tuners? I’m not sure what hahn did to the pcm to make it work.

actually having return will make it easier will not be maxing out injectors. i will be doing return system on dan’s car. so don’t think it would be a problem to make it work

Unfortunately I was there to see Dan’s 2.4 beast spill it’s guts all over industrial drive. :sadwavey:

Hopefully that car sees the road again, we had $20 on a race @ PRP… :bigthumb:

Doug I would have cut and run from ASAP after all the crap they pulled with getting your car tuned.

I wasnt aware he killed the engine on that car. What happend?

Not the engine.