turbo civic......tuning????

i am going to be turboing my civic in the next few weeks…never owned or put together a turbo’d car so i know nothing about tuning…can someone on here give me a crash course in tuning and how to go about it??? not looking for anything fancy like hondata or anything, was thinking about running chrome

well its not so simple, hence why you pay a good dyno shop top buck to properly tune your car.

at least give the setup you are running.

b18b
18g turbo
310 rc injectors

and i plan on taking it to hybrid, just wanted some input first…this is one whole learning experience for me

at the very least, your going to need a wideband or egt gauge to go off of, hybrid has both, Denis is really good with chrome

crome

Is your Ecu chipped?

is this all you have so far?

I ran LS-T cars for years acually my daily driver is a ls turbo car. I need more info on what kind of information you are looking for to help you!

bump for joe he’s the man and very helpful pay attention to him

well what do you need to know like i said this is all very new to me

Do you have everything to boost it?

manifold
IC pipeing
BOV
some sort of wastegate
Oil lines
255lph fuel pump
Downpipe
are the injectors high impedance or low impedance? if low you need a resistor box.
you gotta tap your oil pan for the oil drain

this is a short list i am Overlooking alot of things i am sure i am forgetting something

i ran 370cc injectors in my allmotor LS… your going to need at least dsm 440’s.

I made 262whp on 390cc injectors

those injectors will poop out around 210who

bump again for joe. experienced his latest project from the passanger seat of a del sol. This man WILL fill your pants with poop if you take his advice. It’s a good thing.

Joe=fmfkid250 btw

looks like im going to have to look more into this…im buying a kit off one of my friends and hes giving me a real good deal…he told me i have evreything except a intercooler…ill look more into it and let you guys know

and i took your advice and just got a set of dsm 450’s and a resistor box

basically i think its a greddy kit…i know their not the best turbo setup in the world but its almost brandnew and i didnt really have a choice but to buy it at the price i was given…im purchasing it tuesday…and im really just trying to find out some of the information behind tuning, like how to get my ecu chipped with crome and the steps to take to get it tuned

A greddy kit will be perfect for what your duing, sammy ran one up to 300hp and went 12.5-12.7 with one…

IC’s are cheap just goon ebay and pick one up for around 100 shipped

About the process about the tuneing
Chipping either DIY go to www. moates.net and order a chipping kit (what ecu is it)
VTECsol does chip computers on here as well or myself can do it I will give you a loaner to use

To tune best way is to Get it towed to the hybrid and have them tune it from the begining
but you could also have someone make you a basemap of yoursetup you can drive around on untill you get tuned (either on the street or dyno)

anything else?

http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPath=25_37&products_id=42 link to chipkit

joe i will need a street tune next week or so. i will let you know

about time u turbo it Zach…:smiley:

and listen to Joe he def knows his shit:bigok:

Thanks for the edit Pewter. looks cleaner

lol about time???ive only had it maybe 3 months!!!