Crome or Hondata

Which one will give me more bang for my buck? Is there any point to getting one of these before my gsr swap and turbo? Also can someone give me a quick rundown of what I need for a turbo other than what’s included in a kit (fuel pump, injectors, etc)? What kind of money am I going to spend to get it tuned?

Which one will give me more bang for my buck…

Since Crome is free I would say crome. I am sure your not talking about crome pro cuz I do not think your going to tune it yourself!

yup i agree crome or talk to fmfkid250 he uses crome and been tuning a bunch of peoples cars. and also owns two turbod cars as well

for what your prolly gonna do I would say crome. You prolly aren’t going to need any of the nice little features that hondata offers.

And last time I had a tune at Hybrid it was $300 but that may have changed but a good tune is well worth the money. And also it cost right around $100 dollars to have an ecu chipped to use crome.

How much power are you going to try and make would be the first question to determining what your going to need.

crome unless building a full out race car w/ a MONSTER turbo

BS!!!

Crome works great I have ran many 11 to 10 second cars that where all very streetable…

Hondata also works great too though but crome is Cheaper and can do most of the same thing

I wanna run low 12’s but not be limited to that. I have no idea what that translates to in hp but I would guess somewhere in the area of 350-400??? I’ve also seen alot of people who turbo civics go with an LS motor instead of the GSR but i’ve seen both. I’d assume you have to build up the LS alot more than the GSR but the LS is like 1,000 cheaper so which one is gonna get me to 12 cheaper? I have no idea how to build a turbo car so somebody point me in the right direction please.

You could run 11s on an LS turbo easily, joe’s (fmfkid) has done it multiple times lol along with other people on here. If your on a budget go with LS-T, you could build one pretty cheap, and 12 sec car, you could prolly get that with under 300hp. What direction are you wanting to go exactly, if you just want a 12 maybe 11 sec car then get an ls swap and boost it. What answers are you looking for?

Ok so I go with the LS motor. I’ll get that in next summer. What can I do beforehand to prep it for turbo that can still be used when I put the LS in? I’m getting a WS2 and that intake over the fall so what comes next?

Start picking up parts for a turbo setup

250whp for high 11’s

Get the car swapped then worry about boost

exactly pick up a cheap ls swap or even a VTEC swap if you want it and start there.

Well I still don’t know whether I should go with a GSR or a LS. I don’t really want to have to build the engine with sleeves or anything. At least not for a few years. And building a LS-Vtec seems like a huge pain in the ass so I think that’s out. I was leaning towards the GSR because it’ll be much faster before I get the turbo put on but the LS is cheap enough that the price difference would pay for most of a turbo. So should I get a GSR and maybe wait a while for the turbo or go with an LS and turbo it all at once? I was also reading that you have to be careful when boosting a Vtec because the intake and exhaust valves can open at the same time causing exhaust reversion or somethng??? How likely is that to happen if I get it tuned by hybrid or someone who knows what they’re doing? WHICH ONE IS GOING TO GET ME TO 12.0 CHEAPER?

Honestly go buy a ls swap and boost it and you’ll get to the 12s fast enough even 11s for that matter. ls-v isn’t hard to build at all you just need the right parts to make it work.

Idk about that whole reversion thing your talking about on vtec heads someone else that knows more might be able to talk to this. Hybrid does a good job and is def worth the money for a tune.

LS-T is cheaper (stock)

GSR-T Slightly faster on boost (stock)

Once you get into the 400hp range If you dont have a Vtec head the Straight LS will KILL your power

Vtec + boost is like a 2"(non-vtec)vs a 4" (vtec) exaust

Someone else correct me if I’m wrong but for what he wants to do wouldn’t it be best for him to buy an ls swap go ls-t and if he starts making that much power down the road just pick up a vtec head buy all the parts he needs and go ls/v-t

heres the list
300 whp stock ls
380 whp ls with rods, pistons, and head studs
440 whp Rods pistons vtec head
500+ sleeves+Vtec head
700+ sleeves+Vtec head Sick ass fuel system and turbo = loot

thats the list how it goes

The list that joe is giving here is what he has done and has experience with. In all honesty I think watacanga would be more then happy with an ls-t.

The only thing I skiped was the ls with rods and pistons ( i went straight with the vtec head)

Joe your daily/rally car, what is your setup on that car?