Local tuners

Does anyone in the area tune with Crome? My buddy is coming up from MA, and we’re turbo’ing his Civic, and the only shop Im aware of that does dyno tuning is Synapse, but from what Ive heard they use Neptune, and charge $600 for the software, hardware, etc. From what Ive read, Crome is alot cheaper…like $150 or something like that, and can use the OE ECU (just needs to be chipped and whatnot).

This is something you really dont wanna cheap out on. Go to synapse and have them tune it on neptune. Why try to save say 300$ and just have your motor blow

Crome is just as good as Neptune. If someone locally tunes with Crome, why not go to them?

you will have to travel to the city for a chrome tune

Is it possible to get a used Neptune/Hondata setup and use that?

IDK shit about hondas but those are the two I always hear about. I’d go with something thats proven along with listeing to 6spd and German, theyve been around the honda block a few times.

For the LAST TIME, go to Redline or YOU’RE DONE!!!

Ive ‘been around the Honda block a few times’ too. Im not completely stupid (not saying your calling me stupid), I just dont know the area too well when it comes to shops, tuners, etc. Ive built many Honda engines before, and Ive dont massive amounts of work to my cars, and friends cars. I just dont know the area when it comes to the ‘car scene’. Thats all.

But to answer your question, yes. You can get a used Hondata setup, but you still have to pay for the software license. Hondata is stupid expensive and a rip-off IMO, so Im staying away from it.

Hondatas S300 is THE BEST thing you can get for a stock ecu. its basically a standalone EMS in the stock ecu’s case, but its plug and play.

Yea, if I have $500 burning a hole in my pocket. Or I can get stock ECU chipped, a chip burner, and Crome Pro for half the cost and just about the same accomplished.

I dont want to this to get into which tuning software/package is the best for Honda’s. I just want to know if there’s any Crome tuners in the area…

Jesus you honda guys are cheap! lol, not only are the parts loads cheaper, the tuning is cheaper.

fucking vw/audis are $800-$1000 for a chip tune and mod software to build on that. :banghead

Do a mail in tune then if you wanna cheap out.

Crome has like 4 tables to edit, it’s about as easy as it gets. You can chip the ecu with about 75 cents worth of parts and a chip burner can be had for as cheap as 5-10 dollars.

I still have my stuff sitting around, about 50 unburned chips just chillin’.

I street tuned a d15 turbz with a 3 bar map in about 10 minutes. Shit ran 15psi for an entire year before the kid got tired of breaking transmissions.

What chip burner are you finding for $10? 75 cents to chip the ecu? Where you finding this shit?

Since when is $500 for a complete plug in standalone a rip off? Yes you can buy chrome for 150$ but you still are gonna pay someone a few hundred to tune it so its pointless

Canned/mail tunes are pretty much for getting you from your garage to the dyno, and that’s it.

get motec

wow where are your numbers coming from $600???

neptune utilizes the OEM ECU as well. the ECU will need to get chipped for both neptune or crome. the neptune software is only $100 vs crome which is free, and crome pro which is like 100 or 150. in addition to that you will need dyno tuning for both systems which the prices vary but not much if at all between systems. so all in all you are looking at about a $100 difference IF THAT vs neptune.

Willem Programmer, I paid like 10 bucks plus shipping in 2006 from some dildo on ebay (chinese seller). The parts are dirt ass cheap as it’s just a cap, a resistor, jumper and 28 pin eprom socket. A ZIF socket is good to have, but not necessary.

Chips are cheap, I can’t remember exact cost, but I still have about 50 chips sitting here at my house. I think I have enough sockets and other parts to chip about 25 ECU’s.

Oh, and I would go neptune.

lets be honest here its got an ebay kit going on it…just run the stock ecu and injectors.